Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Proper behavior....ADULTS!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:09 PM
  • 14 Replies

What are your thoughts on the proper behavior at awards ceremonies and concerts?

I HATE when people yell out at these kinds of things. It's not a sporting event, it's a concert/ceremony indoors!!

There was even a lady that was SHHHHHing her young child louder than the child was even talking through the whole thing and my DD could even hear her from the stage!

~~Cindy

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaytee
by Jen on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:13 PM
I think people should be quiet until it's time to applaud.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Sometimes I think that the grown ups are worse than the kids.  Cat calls, screaming out nick names and jumping up and down like you were just told to come on down on the Price is Right are not necessary at a concert/awards ceremony at the kids school.

Cindy18
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Glad I'm not the only one.

AND the thing is, I really think it embarrasses the kids on stage.

StephanieSH
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:24 PM

I agree.  I think it's bad behavior and really obnoxious. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:28 PM

I know that it would embarrass the heck outta me if I was their child.  Most of the time I'm embarrassed for the poor child and I don't even know them.

Cindy18
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

I know that it would embarrass the heck outta me if I was their child.  Most of the time I'm embarrassed for the poor child and I don't even know them.

So, Steel, you are very outspoken, do you say something to them?

I wqnted to sooooooo bad!! It was really getting on my nerves and ruining the whole event for me.

~~Cindy

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:38 PM

hmmm that's a tricky one because by saying something I could very well start a situation that my in fact embarrass myself and my child. 

Oh who the hell am I kidding, yep I'd say something.  Most likely not directly to the person, but loud enough to my hubby that the offender would hear me and hopefully get the hint.

There was a person with an infant at my brother's HS graduation.  I left my oldest son home with a sitter, he was 6 months old at the time.  Anyway this infant was crying all during my brother's speach, he was valadictorian.  When leaving I snidely asked the infant's mother if she ever heard of a baby sitter.  She just gave me a glare. lol

Cindy18
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

hmmm that's a tricky one because by saying something I could very well start a situation that my in fact embarrass myself and my child. 

Oh who the hell am I kidding, yep I'd say something.  Most likely not directly to the person, but loud enough to my hubby that the offender would hear me and hopefully get the hint.

There was a person with an infant at my brother's HS graduation.  I left my oldest son home with a sitter, he was 6 months old at the time.  Anyway this infant was crying all during my brother's speach, he was valadictorian.  When leaving I snidely asked the infant's mother if she ever heard of a baby sitter.  She just gave me a glare. lol

I'm so hoping that all the little kids are left at home for the graduation. We got a letter stating that little ones still needed a ticket and it was advised to leave them home.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Quoting Cindy18:

Quoting steelcrazy:

I'm so hoping that all the little kids are left at home for the graduation. We got a letter stating that little ones still needed a ticket and it was advised to leave them home.

I'll come and handle 'em if ya need me too.  I can even put on my snarly face to scare the crap outta 'em.

CrazedMomof2
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:56 PM
I had to say something to some teenage boys at my nieces graduation last night. they were being so loud and rude. Had they been my kids I would have knocked tjem silly!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)