Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

my son who is in kindergarten pulled down he's pant (underwear and all).

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 11:22 AM
  • 11 Replies

my son who is in kindergarten pulled down he's pant (underwear and all). I asked he why he pull them down he said the boy told him to. It was him and 4 kids 3 boys and 2 girls. the teacher didn't even see them. one of the other kids told her mother. Is the behavior common for boys.  So now I'm not sure what to do with him. now he does not want to go to school. i feel like a bed parents. the other parents of the kids in the class just look at me. my son is a follow. he is the smallest kid in the class he is only 37 pounds. should i take him to see the doctor. so he can talk to him.

by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 20, 2011 at 11:32 AM

You need to talk to him, he is your son and it is your responsibility to teach him about private parts.  Sounds like you haven't had that discussion just yet.  There is no need to really punish him, but he needs to understand that the body parts covered by his underwear are private and that he should show them to anyone else or let anyone else touch them unless it is a parent or a doctor with parent's permission.  I would also talk with him about not having to do everything that other's ask him to do.  If he doesn't feel right about doing it, then he shouldn't.  It is perfectly fine to tell someone NO, I won't do that.

Jess1231
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 11:47 AM
I would definitely talk to him about the privates needing to be covered and also about following. My brother got in major trouble for a similar incident when he was in 2nd or 3rd grade. He had a court date and everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Member on Jun. 20, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Oh no!  

Definitely talk to him and remind him that just because another child tells him to, he doesn't have to do something that he knows he shouldn't.  Talk with him about privates staying covered, good touch/bad touch, etc. and reassure him that you still love him and that it's ok to still go to school.

eilenej1
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Yes, mine has done that and a whole lot of similar stuff.  He has a disibility that explains it though.  The important thing is to just reinforce that we don't show private parts.  And explain the situations where he might need to, like for help from mom & dad or a doctor appointment. 

And don't worry about the other parents.  Sometimes when you have a guilty conscience, you actually read others more negatively that what is really there.

StephanieSH
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 1:34 PM

He just needs to have a reminder about private parts and what is appropriate behavior and when.  He certainly isn't abnormal because he did this once.  Boys are obsessed with that part of their body anyway and, as we know, it continues for the rest of their lives :)  I have an 8 year old son who went through a phase when he was about 4 or 5 of sticking very long objects between his legs and saying "look at my weiner".  He grew out of it. Those parents who may be giving you looks, if they haven't already experienced it yet, will experience a challenge with their children one day too.

AmyG1976
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2011 at 1:36 PM

idk I would not think much about it or go crazy over it. Just tell him that he cant do that in public and should not take down his pants for anyone but his parents or the doctor.

janitablue
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Hugs first and foremost you not a bad parent. Your son does not need to see a doctor. I agreed with all the moms take time have the talk.  The sooner the better so you have a peace mind and don't worry what people think.  We all imperfect human being with all make mistake it up to us to learn from it and move on..............

momma0ffive
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 1:50 PM

mine have done that and i went the dr.  route and all said its normal just talk to him about right and wrong behavior and eventually it will stop

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 20, 2011 at 3:46 PM

I agree with the advice already given to you about talking to your son about what is appropriate for the classroom. Good luck!

jen008200
by on Jun. 21, 2011 at 7:21 AM

thank you all for the info.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN