Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Puberty in a 9year old boy???

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:01 AM
  • 9 Replies

OMG...Don't know what to think.  DS came to me and said his weiner is peeling off.  LOL..he isn't circumcised, so that is what I though was going on. He showed me and I noticed a long black hair growing out of his groin area. I kinda pulled at it (to make sure it was his) and it was. 

We had him tested a few years ago for early puberty cause he had severe body odor (like a 40 year old man bad!), and he had a eleveated testosterone level.  but he never developed body hair or showed any other signs of puberty.  Now he is sporting black pubes!  OMG.....what do we do??

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CrazedMomof2
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:03 AM
Talk to his doctor. I don't think you can really do anything...... Have you talked to tour son about the changes coming?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maries_Mom23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:04 AM

It's possible he is already hitting puberty.

My dd is 7 and a few months ago, I noticed she had hair.  Had her tested as well, and found out it wasn't early puberty.  Her thyroid is underactive.  Her hormones are all screwed up.  But, as I was speaking to her endocrinologist, he said some kids (boys and girls) hit puberty as early as 9.  He's hoping her periods hold off for another year.  He hopes her meds will help with that. 

collegegrad2013
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:08 AM

We haven't talked to him about it yet.  Maybe we are going to have to now!  LOL! He has Aspergers and I don't know if he will be able to fully understand what's going on.  But we are going to have to do something!  LOL! I just hope he isn't like his bio-dad...that man was furry all over!

NearSeattleMom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:10 PM

I wouldn't really worry about it or make a big deal about it. 

hplesha
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:13 PM
I got my period on my 10th birthday :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Do? Nothing

Talk to him. Make sure he knows what's happening to him and that it's normal.

CDMelty
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:35 PM

It's not actually that early these days.  My dd started growing boobs at age 9 and her pedi said it was fine and within the normal range. She's thin, so it wasn't weight-related or anything, just puberty.  She had full hair (underarms, groin) by 12 and her period by age 13.

MSROCKY
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:38 PM

I don't think you can really do anything about it...My 7 y/o has pubic hair!  And when I realized it, b/c he was always scratching down there - he says "I been had hair down there" & laughed?!  He has been wearing deodorant/antiperspirant since 4 y/o!  Mind you I got my first period at 8 y/o!  BTW - what kind of puberty does boys go through?!  I just thought pubic/facial hair, the time to wear deodorant, a growth spurt, a deepening in their voices - is their something else?!  O_0  Now I got to ask his daddy...LOL!

soymujer
by Mikki on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:07 PM

My DD started developing her breasts at age 9.  Once they start, there's really nothing you can do.  My 13 year old has yet to show any signs of puberty while his brother started at that age.

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)