Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do as far as school cloths for the new year...???????????

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:23 AM
  • 39 Replies

So what do you mommies do as far as school cloths for the start of the year do you get them all new outfits and shoes and pack packs to you use what is still nice and add to it ??????

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Typically I just fill in the gaps with what they already have.  Their school is starting uniforms this year, so I have to get all new outfits now.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Ladywithtwo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:24 AM
We get new shoes and one or two new outfits. It'll be 100 degrees still until October so they keep wearing their summer clothes. Fall clothes are a big shopping trip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyledavidsmom
by Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:25 AM

I just get them what they really need. Mine just got out July 1st and start the new year July 26th. So it is hard money wise to do every thing in 3 weeks.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:26 AM

They usually need new shoes for the start of school.  They start in mid/late Aug, so they are wearing shorts and t-shirts mostly and they already have those that fit them.  I only buy new clothing/shoes when they need them, so most likely that will happen in October when the weather starts cooling down and they will need to start wearing pants to school.

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:26 AM

My girls wear uniforms.  For my oldest, I will see what she can still fit into and what she needs and order that.

For my twins, it is their first time so I will see if the uniforms my oldest wore fit them.  They probably don't because they are tiny and are between sizes 4 and 5 and I don't think my oldest wore that in kindergarten.

So, i'll probably be ordering what they need.

CosmicPossum
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:27 AM

I use what he has as far as clothes go and add two to three new outfits to it.  He gets new shoes and a new backpack.  We will probably reuse his lunchbag since it's still in good shape.

lfrrll5
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:28 AM
I just get what they need as they need it. I generally already have plenty of clothing in good shape for them. They end up with 3 or so brand new ones and they get new shoes but thats it. That alone costs me a bundle. I buy when everything is on sale
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMcCord1981
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Well we already have our list of what we will be buying for school clothes. I don't want to shop until right before school because she tends to have growth spurts. We will buy 2 pairs of shorts and capris. Then she will get 5 pairs of jeans. Then I will buy her lots of new little tops to wear so she can alternate she jeans/shorts into different outfits. I'll get her a new pair of sneakers and a pair of flip flops probably. Then of course new socks and panties. We add in colder weather items as the weather changes.

Chymerra
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:29 AM

I go through their fall/winter stuff, weed out what doesn't fit or is stained and then fill in the gaps.  They do get new shoes, coats and new back packs.

Strega
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:29 AM

We get quite a bit of new clothes. If we're lucky, they can still wear some from the previous School Year, but that's rare. Our Daughter especially is the Queen of Summer Growth Spurts.

wedding website

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)