Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschoolers

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:34 PM
  • 6 Replies

Are there any other homeschoolers in this group?

What ages are your kids?

Are you enjoying the summer off or do you have a year-round schedule?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
teddysmom08
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:39 PM

We have been homeschooling for 8yrs.  My son is 12,  and will be starting 9th grade in September.  We typically go by the local school schedule,  and we are enjoying our break very much.

cedailey
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:04 PM

We are beginning our 3rd year- with a 1st and a 2nd grader.  We do a school year, the alternative studies in the summer.

auroragold
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:04 PM

We go "summer lite" so we don't have a lot of catch up to do in the fall.

soymujer
by Mikki on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:06 PM

We are not homeschooling...

family in the van   Mom of four

AmyG1976
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:07 PM

yes 

15,10,8 and 6

we kinda sorta year round we take off like this week we took off because of the holiday on the 4th. next week one is at daycamp the other at go away far far away lol camp, we take off like a week at christmas a week at easter. whenever we need to. 

jen2150
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2011 at 10:01 AM

We have been homeschooling for about 5 years since the very beginning. I have two boys 18 months apart.   My kids are going into 2nd and 4th grade.  They are 7 and 9 years old.  We are enjoying our summer break and yes we do follow a year round schedule.  Our summers are very relaxing.  We like to do many summer projects and we also raise chickens and so summer is a very fun and busy time.  This summer we have taken apart an owl pellet and we will be soon start building our bird sanctuary for our study on birds and a bat house this summer as well.  Summer is the time when we study biology.  We are also starting our new study of the 7 wonders of the world.  Have a great summer everyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)