Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unexplained bruising (me not my kids)

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:23 AM
  • 11 Replies

I woke up this morning with a huge bruise on my leg!!! I have not hit it  any time within the last week. The bruise is about 3" by 2" and has a hard lump under it. I had a sharp pain in my leg about an hour before I noticed it. My mom used to get blood clots in her legs and I'm wondering if anybody else has gotten something like this.

PS: I cannot go to the doctor because we have no insurance.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:30 AM

I bruise very easily and don't know how I did it.  I can barely bump something and then get a huge bruise from it.  I've heard it's caused by low iron.  I don't eat much iron so it makes sense to me.  If I take iron pills I notice I don't bruise so easily.

natesmom1228
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:51 AM

I get unexplained bruises all the time. Do you workout or are constantly moving?

Iluvjandkplus8
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:52 AM
It may be a symptom of anemia.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyJag
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:35 AM

I bruise easily, too. I've had several instances where I discovered a HUGE purple bruise on my thigh and I have no idea how I did it. It's usually at the level of certain furniture pieces of my house, though, so I'm pretty sure it's caused by me bouncing off a table or something en route to somewhere else.

Anyway, if you still can't find the answer, there is a CM group here called "Medical Questions" that may be of some help. Meanwhile, keep an eye on it over the next 3 days or so and see if the lump goes away and if it starts to yellow (sign of healing). If it does NOT, you really need to get it checked out, because it could be a sign of a more serious problem.

janitablue
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:14 AM

I have not clue. Maybe you can try your local clinic .

motherof22011
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I have an aunt and a cousin that suffer from blood clots and I am very familiar with the symptoms. What you are explaining sounds like a blood clot. I know you have no insurance, but have you tried applying for medicaid. Also I would suggest you go to the emergency room. I know it sounds expensive. However, my cousin was feeling a pain in her leg and felt that the pain had traveled as the days went by. She did not go to the hospital because she felt she could not miss work. When she finally decided to go it was in fact a blood clot and some of it had broken up and were in her lungs. It was nothing short of a miracle that she survived this. The doctors were in awe. A blood clot can travel very fast and kill you. It is a very serious matter. Please address it. If you can get to a clinic that can test your blood they will be able to heck your blood levels.

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:57 PM

It sounds like you should get medical attention. Try calling your state and county services to see if they can provide medical insurance assistance.

lightflash
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Are you eating healthy?  I think I read somewhere that if you don't eat sometimes that can cause bruises to appear.

soymujer
by Mikki on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:59 PM

I wake up and find bruises...I swear hubby beats me up when I'm sleeping!!

family in the van   Mom of four

Fields456
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:09 PM
It's prob caused by a vitamin defeciecy but I cant remeber which one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)