Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should we start now???

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:24 AM
  • 12 Replies

DD starts kindergarten exactly 2 weeks from today and last year she was in preschool but not till afternoon so this year its a full day all week kindergarten she goes from 8am to 3pm so should we start now getting her up at 6am to practice or wait till next week? to get her use to it?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoehlerBear1983
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:30 AM
Just start waking her up 15 mins earlier than 20 and so on and it wont be a big adjustment for her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:53 AM

I'm sorry, I can't really help with this. I never take my son out of the school routine. Here is a bump for more responses.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Tomorrow morning I'd wake her up 15 minutes earlier than she got up today.  Then in 2 days go for 15 minutes more minutes earlier.  Increase her wake up time by 15 minutes every other day or so.

Why is she needing to get up at 6:00 am?  That seems so early.  What time does her bus come or what time does she need to leave the house to go to school?

LivinforJesus
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:03 PM

school starts at 8 bus comes at 730 takes her a while to wake up and she needs to get dressed take a bath eat breakfast

Quoting steelcrazy:

Tomorrow morning I'd wake her up 15 minutes earlier than she got up today.  Then in 2 days go for 15 minutes more minutes earlier.  Increase her wake up time by 15 minutes every other day or so.

Why is she needing to get up at 6:00 am?  That seems so early.  What time does her bus come or what time does she need to leave the house to go to school?

KamisMommysGirl
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:07 PM

My daughter starts next thursday so I started making dinner earlier,getting her bathed,and in bed earlier so she can get used to it because if not next week is going to be hard for her to handle!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:16 PM

I would honestly move bath, picking out clothing, getting backpack ready, etc to the nightly routine.  Then she could sleep until 6:30 and have plenty of time in the morning.

Quoting LivinforJesus:

school starts at 8 bus comes at 730 takes her a while to wake up and she needs to get dressed take a bath eat breakfast

Quoting steelcrazy:

ssunshine360
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:28 PM

This question is hilarious for me personally.  I understand your situation.... but I have rarely been able to sleep in since my twin girls were born.  My challange is always how to keep them in bed or at least their room until my morning can have a more sane start.

suzi960
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:41 PM

my kids have to be in before 8 as well...but they shower the night before.so in the morning their up at 7 ,brush teeth, get dressed ,eat something,and out the door......

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:52 PM

This is the first year we're going to have to adjust my son's sleep schedule, and I'm planning on doing it before school starts. They have enough to deal with the first week, without dealing with a new sleeping routine.

LivinforJesus
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:20 PM

good idea i can give her a shower the night before

Quoting steelcrazy:

I would honestly move bath, picking out clothing, getting backpack ready, etc to the nightly routine.  Then she could sleep until 6:30 and have plenty of time in the morning.

Quoting LivinforJesus:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)