Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I need to say something - Facebook mom strikes again

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:44 PM
  • 37 Replies

There is a mom on our school's facebook page.  She is very sweet, on the PTA board, and is really really involved.  The biggest problem is that she posts things for parents on the page but writes it as if she is 13 years old texting her buddies. 

Here is her latest post:

My daughter XXXX  had a great day 2day, she told me she had a great day 2dy. she likes her teacher, and she's glad 2 see all of her friends! I like 2 welkom Mrs. XXX back 2 school, she's a very good teacher and my daughter who had her 4 a kindergarten teacher, is so happy 2 see her teacher bak, so welkom bak Mrs. XXX!:)

I've known her for a couple of years.  We are not close but we see and talk to each other often at events.  Should I say something or should I tell one of the other board members so they can talk to her.  I just don't think she understands the unprofessionalism of it....especially in a place that is for school. 

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stevynjjsmoma
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Does she have a disability that makes her like that or is she doing it to be cool? I would have someone on the board tell her.

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Quoting stevynjjsmoma:

Does she have a disability that makes her like that or is she doing it to be cool? I would have someone on the board tell her.

No disability that i'm aware of.  I don't know how much education she has received but I think she posts like this to her friends all the time.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:11 PM

I would have to say something either to her or the PTA board.  It is very unprofessional looking and honestly sad that a mom actually types like that.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:30 PM

I agree with Steel on this one. Just be as nice as possible.

jmomma2003
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:33 PM
I get annoyed as hell reading posts written like that here...(cringe)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Quoting kmrtigger:

I agree with Steel on this one. Just be as nice as possible.

agreed

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:56 PM

I would just ignore and let everyone else have their own opinions on this mom.

birdiemom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:00 PM
If she's writing this as a page administrator (sp?) I would say something. Looks bad for the school. If she's just commenting on the page, I'd be annoyed as hell, but I probably wouldn't say anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:22 PM

I'm not sure if she is one of the admins or not (how do I check??).  She is on the PTA board and that is the place where PTA posts their reminders, events, etc.

GreenKnitMama
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:33 PM

You could try jokingly mentioning it to her or some of the other PTA members and see what their reactions are.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)