Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So now that school is starting....are your days busier or not?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:01 AM
  • 24 Replies

Mine will be! The new town we just moved to has 1 school for K-2 and one for 3-5, so my kids are split up between those two schools, plus my youngest will be going to pre school 3 days a week at a privately owned school. 

I have to get 2 kids to the bus to ride to the K-2 school at 7:30 then take my son to the other school (hopefully he will find a friend that lives close to ride bikes/walk with, but I won't let him by himself), then get daugter to preschool by 8:15.

Pick up pre schooler at 11:15

School gets out at 2:30.....and then the fun really begins! Homework, Dinner,Football, girl scouts, soccer, gymnastics ugh!

I love watching them have so much fun, but man alive the school year really kicks my butt somedays!

Busy for you or not? Does your hubby help a lot in the evenings? Mine does when he is home, but when he's on shift he doesn't get home till 9Pm, so I'm on my own.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:04 AM
No my days are filled with sleeping, a lttle cleaning and a movie at least once a week. My dh helps with homework cause I have to learn everything backwards and am no help at all! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetMama823
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:25 AM

very busy!!

I have 2 in elem and 1 in middle. They start and end at different times. I also work partime evenings so during the day take care of houseowork, cook dinner, take care of my 2yr old, help kids with homework, then head off work. Come home tired and start all over the next day. whew!!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:30 AM
We homeschool so it gets way busiier here. I am mom and techer to three different grades on top of being chauffer amd manager of activities.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collegegrad2013
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:45 AM

Super busy...finally!  I am going back to school too. I will be going 4 days a week, with two days having a night class. I am so excited...I get to pick up my books tomorrow too!

Chymerra
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:13 AM

Just on the days that my DS has preschool.  I have to get my DD on the bus (by 8:30), walk home (which takes about 10 mins), get DS ready and then get DS to school by 9am.

marsh48433
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:19 AM

I will be busy.....my youngest in 1st grade (1 school), my other two...junior high (YIKES), plus we start soccer season in two weeks & I have my in-home daycare.  I am pretty sure my daycare will be the easiest of them all......all youngesters....ages 3 & under.  They will keep me busy but it will be interesting in that I will not have any of my kids to tend to throughout the day!

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:21 AM

Somewhat. We add Boy and Cub Scout activities for ds1 and ds2, and homework, but that's it right now. Now that dd is in kindergarten, she wants to join Girl Scouts- we'll see. . .

SweetNewBaby
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:24 AM

finally super busy!!!!!!!!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:48 AM

My life is pretty crazy 10 months out of the year thanks to school and activities.  Getting the boys up and on the bus for school isn't the issue at all.  It is all of the work involved in running the PTA that takes up tons of my time during the day.  Not to mention planning Sunday school lessons and helping run a Cub Scout Pack.  I usually have meetings 2-3 nights a week myself not to mention the boys activities.  I run like crazy, but I enjoy it.  I just wish that it wasn't all so busy at the exact same time.   I get mad about the parents who aren't involved and don't do anything to help out, because they make my life busier.

jen2150
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:56 AM

yes and no.  We are always busy.  The things we are doing just changes mostley.  We do light school work in the summer but more at home projects.  This summer we have been raising a couple hundred chicks, and tearing out a closet and organizing our house.  Starting in September we will be doing 2 weekly co-ops, lego club, Karate, and whatever else may come up.  We usually have a ton of field trips mixed in there.  In the midst of all that we will have school work to do and lots of books to read.  Our Chemistry study will be starting up pretty soon so I am getting ready for that.  My 9 can't wait to start Chemistry again.  I must confess I can't either.  In the midst of all this we still get our quiet days at home.  The early days of fall are by far my favorite.  I love the cooler weather and can't wait until it is upon us.  Have a great school year everyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)