Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there a way to form a group for my school parent group here?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:25 AM
  • 6 Replies

I find lots of good moms here, and I was wondering if there is a way to form groups of mom's for my kids room in school over here. I have been using this place called buzzyears ( http://buzzyears.com ) and its good, but I would really like to create a group of us parents in the class over here.

If there is a way to do this on cafe mom, please post.

Thanks!

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
auroragold
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:38 AM

any person can create a group on CM.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and try the "Getting Started" link -it may have the instructions.  That or go to ALL GROUPS and look there

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Do you ever post something that you might not want other parents in your community to read (like a vent)? If so, then if you want to keep your privacy, then you might want to consider creating a private group on facebook instead.

Just a thought....

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:32 AM

You can create a private group on CM where people have to apply to be members.  The privacy settings can be set so that only the members of the group can see anything posted there as well.  However, you will have to get all of the parents from your child's class to join CM and I'm not sure if they all will want to join. 

I don't exactly remember what all is involved since it has been awhile since I've done this.  If all else fails, click the contact us link at the bottom of the page and one of the tech people can walk you through the steps.

LadyJag
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:23 AM

2-3 years ago, CafeMom set up community school groups for various areas. (My daughter's private school has a group, but I've been the only member since it was formed.)

You might want to do a search for your school's name before creating your own group...it might save you the trouble.

LadyJag
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Here are the school groups on CM I pulled up using the following search:

http://www.cafemom.com/groups/find.php?keyword=school%20group

M4LG5
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Sure....but what about creating a page on FB?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)