Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Not Gonna Cry... Ok I Am But Nobody Needs To Know!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:45 AM
  • 26 Replies
My son starts preschool @ an elementary school today. He tells me I cant cry bc he is gettin big & it breaks my heart when my 4 1/2 yr old son tells me that... So yes, Imma cry my eyes out lol...

*Did you cry on your babies 1st day of school?*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michelles
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:49 AM

When my first started school I was pregnant with my second...I just kept telling myself that I wasn't going to cry over and over again...and I made it through the drop off...fell apart on the way to work but I made it through the drop off and didn't embarass him!

endurablemist
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:19 AM
When Sarah started preschool, my house was never cleaner. Instead of crying I cleaned. Then her second year was ok, but when she went to K I cried several times!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marsh48433
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:21 AM

I did but not in front of them......I kept my cool!  I will again when my youngest starts 1st grade and I will not see him all day long!!!  I will also cry when my two oldest girls start junior high......I cannot believe they are old enough for this!!!

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:23 AM

I didn't, but I definitely got that "Awwwwww! My baby!" look, then treated myself to some serious chocolate : )

chadsmom05
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:26 AM
Yep and that was this we'd, it's tough letting them go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jakesgal88
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:29 AM

I think I cried after kindergarten orientation and got it out of my system then. I almost cried on the second day of school though when he said "Mommy, I can walk to my classroom myself". lol. I called the school to make sure he actually made it to his classroom okay.

aetrom
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:03 AM

make it through drop off and cry in the car if you need too. :) you want him to think school is fun!

robertmommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:05 AM

i cried my eyes  out when  my oldest started  prek 

mjimaging
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:09 AM
No, I think since I send my kids to daycare so I can work that it doesn't affect me as much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:34 AM

my baby boy is starting prek at the elementary today too. Hes my 3rd so im kinda used to it, and ready for it but i still cant believe it. I dont usually cry about things like this because I enjoy watching them grow up but I do look back and think wow he sure has grown up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)