Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My five yr old is in love with the neighbor

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:27 PM
  • 6 Replies

There are 2 boys next door: ages 6 and 10. She 'loves' the oldest one. The other day, she gave him a picture of hearts that she drew. And while swimming with both boys, the oldes kissed her cheek. What can I say that will stop it from going further and in a way she'll understand?!

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KamisMommysGirl
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:32 PM

I am having the same problem right now with my 5 year old daughter.....she doesn't draw pictures or anything but you can just tell she likes the boy across the street. So I'm in the same boat.....if you figure out an answer before me let me know.....and i'll do the same with you....its just hard to find what to say to young kids ;/

LancesMom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:48 PM

I think kids thuis age will do that! I remember having a crush on someone in first grade. So its normal. Just talk to her about not kissing or accepting kisses. That no one should touch her unless its a doctor.

Jess1231
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:54 PM
So the 10 year old kissed her cheek? I would talk to the childs parents but also talk to your daughter about her still being young and touching/kissing is inappropriate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
menmy2lilmen
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Talk to her, tell her that she is a young girl and how you expect her to behave as such. Also explain how she should expect boy to treat her and behave around her.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:00 PM

DS is 6 annd had a crush on one of the girls in his kindergarten class. I let him talk about it when he wanted but that was it. I feel that at this age it is completely innocent.

I would have talked to the boy about why he kissed he cheek. I think he is old enough to understand more and would explain why he shouldn't do that.

debnor
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Thanks for your replies...In a gentle way, I'll need to explain to her that 'kissing' needs to wait! I know the mom to the 10 yr old has handled it on her end, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)