Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So far so good.....report from Back to School Night

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:19 PM
  • 7 Replies

So, yesterday was our Back to School Night.  I think it went really well.  My twins' teacher is very nice.  Very calming tone which I think is great for kindergarten.  She is even asking for kids to do mandatory tutoring for all kids in the 1st quarter (just an extra 30 minutes one day a week) so she can work with them in a much smaller group setting since they have way more kindergarteners than usual.  I don't mind....i hope other parents don't.  After the 1st quarter, she'll only require it for those that need it in particular areas. 

My 3rd grader's teacher is awesome!  I think she is the best one she has had so far!  With classroom size increasing, I think she has found ways to interact with them, make sure they all know what she is trying to teach, and how to keep them engaged.  She is HILARIOUS too which i think helps with the kids.  Everyday, my daughter has come home and told me something funny the teacher did.  My daughter loves it. 

How about you?  What are you impressions so far?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
orcadarwin
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:23 PM

I'm not sure about my 1st grader's teacher yet.  I haven't had much contact with her.  I didn't get to talk with her much at the Back to School Bash.  My 3rd grader's teacher is awesome.  He realizes that children learn differently, and has a plan in place for each learning style.  He has more challenging work for those, like my son, who learn faster than others do.  I think he's going to be really good for my son.

JessicaRee
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:25 PM

We don't start untill the 22nd. I'm not sure about my head start-er's teacher. My 5th grader has met his teachers already because it's such a small school. They only have about 12-ish kids in each grade. 2nd and 3rd grades have actually been together for the last 2 years.

menmy2lilmen
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Ds loves his first grade teacher. I wasn't sure about her and so glad its all working out.

Ds2's teacher well that is another rant on in itself.

Jess1231
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:34 PM
I'm still figuring out my sons teacher, I do not like how she does the agenda it's a little confusing. Hopefully it improves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by Jenna on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:48 PM

That's great you had a great back to school night. My son doesn't start school until September though.

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I'm glad yours went so well. We're not having ours until Sept 1st. My son has had this teacher before (3rd grade), and so I'm expecting to just drop off supplies and see the new classroom on the way to his hockey lesson that same night.

janitablue
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:43 PM

I am happy for you and your children . My son will not start school until September 6. I recieved a letter from his school it has his teacher name on the card. At first I though it was error but we recieved a letter from his teacher who was his kindergarten teacher. She is great and I look forward to working with her with my son for the school year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)