Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im hyperventilating over Kindergarten.

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:27 PM
  • 11 Replies

My 4 year old is going to go to kindergarten in 2 weeks. I dont know how Im going to force myself to leave her there. She is quite excited about it, but Im so nervous. I have another dd that is going to grade 4 so I know she wont be completely alone at the school, but its so hard to even fathom leaving her there. Shes so little. Anyone else have a hard time with kindergarten.. or am I just being a nut? lol

JOIN US ON:

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:29 PM

You are being a nut!  haha.  just kidding.

I have 2 kindergarteners (twins) that started on Tuesday.  They are very little and, i'm pretty sure, one of the smallest if not THE smallest ones in the class but they are loving it.  your daughther is going to have so much fun being a big girl!

KristinRox
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:33 PM

I knew because I wrote that someone was going to say just this.. LOL.

Thanks for this. So glad that your twins are doing well, and are having fun. Are they also four, or were they lucky enough to turn 5 first?

Quoting M4LG5:

I have 2 kindergarteners (twins) that started on Tuesday.  They are very little and, i'm pretty sure, one of the smallest if not THE smallest ones in the class but they are loving it.  your daughther is going to have so much fun being a big girl!

JOIN US ON:

M4LG5
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Yeah, they turned 5 in May.  When does she turn 5?

Quoting KristinRox:

Thanks for this. So glad that your twins are doing well, and are having fun. Are they also four, or were they lucky enough to turn 5 first?

Quoting M4LG5:

KristinRox
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Shell be 5 in December, so we have a little ways to go yet.

Quoting M4LG5:

Yeah, they turned 5 in May.  When does she turn 5?

Quoting KristinRox:

Quoting M4LG5:

JOIN US ON:

menmy2lilmen
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Wow she is a young kindergartner.

You will be fine mom. You might cry but make sure its after she is tucked safely inside the classroom. Its okay to feel nervous but you have to look past that. If she is excited the worst thing you can do is act upset.

Oh and your not weird for feeling that way.

elizabg
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:29 PM

wow...when is the age cut off for kindergarten.  here you have to be five before august 31.  I am sure she will be fine though. 

jen113000
by Jenna on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:50 PM

She will be ok! My son is starting kinder in September. I am nervous but so excited for him!!

rlambert
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Wow I didn't know schools would let a 4 yr old start.  My DD has to wait until she will be almost 6 to start because she has a mid-november birthday and they have the cut-off at the end of August. 

oldschoolmomof3
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:17 PM

we have a September 1st cut off too.. some of the kids in class will be 6 and some will have turned 5 a few days prior to school starting.. girls seem to handle being youngest in class better then boys..holding a kid back a year if they are youngest or not socially ready is not a bad idea.

Mom2Just1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:55 PM

I felt the same way.  Guess what?  My son started and now I wonder why I worried. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)