Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

shopping madness!!!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:07 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: how do you shop for back to school stuff if you have more then 1 kid in school? ( not clothes and shoes...just office supply type stuff)

Options:

1 master list and no kids

1 master list with kids in tow

pick up list at store but shop alone

pick up list at store and shop with kids

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 15

View Results

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:11 PM

I do better by myself....with any shopping!

M4LG5
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:13 PM

I have to say that if it's something like a backpack, lunch box, or anything else that they can use their preference, then i'll bring them but with other stuff...i need to do it by myself.  In and out as fast as I can.

I also use the list from the teacher.

oldschoolmomof3
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:20 PM

i make a master from the 3 kid's lists and go alone too.. i don't have patience to wait while they decide between the blue and the green folder.. i just pick and move on. i got the whole list done in 40 min,, grades K, 4 and 7...

inspiring4
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:24 PM

I take my children along because they enjoy the shopping experience.

menmy2lilmen
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:36 PM

I combined all the items from both child's list and hit the store. My dh works so much that the kids are always with me, this was no different.

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Other-

I order the school supply boxes through the PTO in the spring. The boxes are on their desk the night of open house.

jaytee
by Jen on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:22 PM
I usually go with the kids in tow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:47 PM

I usually shop with my son. I made the mistake purchasing a bookbag he did not like it. This weekend my husband and I will take my son school shopping with the school list .

oldschoolmomof3
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 8:46 AM

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

Other-

I order the school supply boxes through the PTO in the spring. The boxes are on their desk the night of open house.

very cool !! do you fill out an order form or just opt in and pay upfront? i imagine this would be way cheaper cuz tey can order in bulk.. our school is large (800 kids) but i bet  a lot of people would love to skip shopping and just have supplies be there for the kids..

SnowWhieQueen
by Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 9:51 AM

they need a few basic things ...beside clothes ..so i will take the baby and my dd...the big boys are to wild to shop..lol..i have 4 going this year...k4,4,5,and 6

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)