Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bullying! get involved

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:45 PM
  • 2 Replies

My daughter suffered from bullying for a full year.Like most schools these days they say they have a no bullying policy.Unfortunitely it took alot for her school to do anything. They started with expelling the girl but to me sending her home is a punishment for the parent not the child.They take their scolding and get to stay home.The issue didnt get resolved. The kept doing the same thing.Until i got other parents involved, calling the school,writing letter etc, whos children were also affected by this girl. Eventually, she was taken off the bus b/c this momma wouldnt let down.We now have moved b/c we are a military family and my daughter is about to start a new school in a different state.She is still tramatized that this will happen again and now has the added worry of fitting in.I sadly have to say i feel a neighboring girl as the potential to be a bully too.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Yes, bullying sucks.  It is one of those things that every school deals with pretty much daily.  Some do a better job than others, but remember just because you don't hear about the bully being punished at school, doesn't mean that they weren't.  Due to privacy policies school administrators aren't premitted to discuss another student with you, so they can't say whether a bully was punished or not.

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:19 PM

I'm sorry your daughter went through that. I hope this new school is better for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)