Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Making time for the family...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:38 AM
  • 9 Replies

How do you encourage "Family Time?"  Is family dinner at 6 p.m., no exceptions, or a certain night of the week Movie Night? Most families like to have at least some quality time (hopefully!) but with such busy schedules it's difficult. What do your families do?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
chinosruca
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:00 AM
We are just always together if not at work & school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Mikki on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:36 AM

WE always have a family dinner.  No matter what.  However, with my oldest in sports and his schedule, he usually misses out on that so we try to incorporate a game night.  We try to do something together as a family.

family in the van   Mom of four

Jess1231
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:38 AM
We eat dinner together everynight and otherwise are all together. On weekends we go out and do things together or cuddle on the couch to watch a movie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:40 AM

We eat dinner together most nights. From Apr. or May through Sept. or Oct, we go camping a lot. During our non-camping months, we just go out all together- usually just dragging the kids along on errands, but ,hey! we're together : )

janitablue
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:58 AM

We usually eat dinner togther since my schedule change it is more son and dad time together. We usually do some errands together like go to Walmart. We don't have a family day.

jaytee
by Jen on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:36 AM
We eat dinner together most every night. We also try to have 2 movie nights a month.

We try to do something "cool" a surprise I guess at least once every 3 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justanotherjen
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:10 PM

I'm always around my kids so I don't have scheduled "family time".  In fact I'm constantly looking for ways to escape the family so I can get some peace. 

Our schedules aren't busy.  The kids go to school during the day, my husband works mornings and gets home around 2:30pm.  Middle schooler gets home at 3pm, elementary kids get home at 4pm (or 1pm on Wed).  They aren't involved in any activities or sports so there's nothing going on after school except homework (which they do at the counter while I cook) and dinner.

Our family time is usually going out to dinner together.  Me, hubby and the baby usually go out once or so a week if we have the money (we usually do).  But we go out as a family at least once a month, sometimes more if we can swing it.  That's harder to time because my husband works weekends and there really isn't time to do it after school.

mommy259
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:11 PM

We eat dinner as a family every night

menmy2lilmen
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:11 PM

We eat dinner together and I try and spend some time one on one with my boys everyday. Sometimes its over homework and others its with one while the other is in the shower or bath.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)