• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being broke sucks!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:25 AM
Jen
  • 16 Replies
My DF makes decent money but it's not enough to do a lot of extra things. I'm putting in applications and hopefully soon I'll get a job.

Anyways my mom, dad, brother, his gf, my sister, her dd and bf and my other sister are going to Disney next month. We can't go and I feel like such a loser!!

Our vehicles aren't very reliable and there's no way we can afford plane tickets.

I just know Gabbys going to brag about her trip to Disney to my kids. *sigh*

Okay my lame vent is over. Thanks for reading.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ann7227
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:33 AM

I agree !!!!!

auroragold
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:42 AM

It DOES suck indeed.

I've done the "omg my child has never been to Disney" routine before. Then I stopped and realized just how MANY children have never been to Disney and survived just fine. I got over it.

Hugs friend!

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:45 AM
Yep.. It sucks.. I lost my job yesterday.. :( So now I have to not be lazy and go get a job...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by Jen on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:47 AM
Thanks Rora!

They've been to Disney so they know how awesome it is, lol! I'm hoping they will understand. They're pretty great kids.

Quoting auroragold:

It DOES suck indeed.

I've done the "omg my child has never been to Disney" routine before. Then I stopped and realized just how MANY children have never been to Disney and survived just fine. I got over it.

Hugs friend!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abmaddox1981
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:50 AM
I lost my job 3 days after my new baby was born, so believe me I feel your pain! I just got off the phone with the wic office and am about to fill out my food stamp application. Then, when I can actually walk down stairs, I'm gonna do my fafsa paperwork and go back to school so I can get a job that does not involve drunks, food, or any other form of customer service.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justanotherjen
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:03 PM

I've been to Disney World.  Once.  On my honeymoon when I was 23.

I don't feel I missed out on anything.

Actually I did go to Disneyland as a kid but I was like 8 months old so I don't remember it.  And the only pictures I have of it are me in the little Mickey Mouse ears at my mom's friend's house (it was just me and her on vacation, my dad had to stay at home and work).

My kids will probably never go to Disney.  We can't even afford regular theme parks (they've never been to those either).  Especially not with 5 kids.  Besides we're too worried about actually having food in the house.  We ran out of money this pay period and are leaching from our savings now until payday next week.  We're out of most of the food, the kids need new pants and pencils for school and there's just no money left.  I hate when that happens.

But my hubby gets a big raise in October ($6/hour) so we shouldn't have as many money issues after that.  Can't wait.  Still won't be able to afford to go to Disney, though, lol.  And I'm okay with that and my kids don't really care.

Quoting auroragold:

It DOES suck indeed.

Hugs friend!

~Jen~

mom of Meagan (11), Owen (9), Brenna (8), Nora (5) and Jack Logan (1)

[big families have more fun]

Ametrine
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:09 PM

I wanted to go to Disneyland for my son's fifth birthday ever since he was born.  But the money always seemed to go to emergencies instead. 

mamacalifornia
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:13 PM

That really sucks, hopefully soon you will be able to do that!

We just got back from a 10 day vacation to Yellowstone & Mt. Rushmore with my parents & sisters, we all decided to go so we saved up money for a year to go, we had a yard sale & took our aluminum cans & plastic to the recycle center to help save. Just an idea!

mamacalifornia
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Sorry to hear you lost your job, I hope you find something really quick!

Quoting steffielou_who:

Yep.. It sucks.. I lost my job yesterday.. :( So now I have to not be lazy and go get a job...

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:43 PM

I went to Disney for this first time this past  summer. I am 43!! I thought it  was like Six Flags which I had been to as a kid. Ignorance is Bliss. At least your kids have been there once already, which is more than a lot of kids in this country.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)