• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there anything you regret getting for your child?(PIOG)

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:37 PM
  • 19 Replies

We all want to make sure that our kids have everything they need, but let's face it some of the gadgets, toys, soaps, cups, clothes, etc are just crazy!  When you take a look in your toybox, cupboard, child's room, etc what makes you cringe and think I wish we would have never gotten that?  I know that there are quite a few things in this house! LOL

What do you regret gertting for your child?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jdanielle82
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Nintendo DS.  There really is almost nothing the kid would rather do than play video games.  It is a constant question and sometimes he doesn't ask and I just find him playing.  He is obsessed and enough is enough!

orcadarwin
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:42 PM

The stuff we don't like that the kids have, didn't come from us.  Other people got them for the kids.  There was this one tractor, oh my goodnes, it was enough to drive a crazy person even more crazy.  You would push down on the farmer and the tractor would start up and then take off across the room.  It could go until it stopped or ran into something.  But if it ran into something, it will continue to run, only it would sound like a freaking jackhammer.  We finally got rid of that thing.  Had it for 8 years.  

SoniaL
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Nothing from us. Usually from my MIL. She buys my DDs everything Disney Princess. It makes me crazy! I was wanting a simple felt or wodden/magnetic doll set for my 4 yr old (like paper dolls but more sturdy). She buys this insanely elaborate disney princess plastic cling type of doll dress up thing. tehr eare a zillion pieces and my DD struggled to do it herself so I or her sister always was having to help her dress and redress the paper dolls. She used it a coupld times and I stored it in my room when their cousins came for a visit and it is still there (since December! lol). Also my MIL has bought them moonsand, I HATE that stuff.

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Those freak'n rats....what are they called???  zhu zhus!!  oh man!  They stay on!  Where the heck is the off button? 

I just hid them.  haha

SoniaL
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:04 PM

hahaha We have one and my 2 yr old will sneak into the 7 yr old's room to get it. She turns it on and I can NOT figure out how to turn it off! I have to track down one of my DDs (even the 4 yr old) to do it.

Quoting M4LG5:

Those freak'n rats....what are they called???  zhu zhus!!  oh man!  They stay on!  Where the heck is the off button? 

I just hid them.  haha

http://leangreenmommy.wordpress.com/

Jess1231
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:06 PM
Near the back you hold and it turns off

Quoting M4LG5:

I just hid them.  haha

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephanieBowers
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:08 PM

oh man do i know what you mean. I love it when i go into one of the kids room to cover them up with their blankets and its the middle of the night and i accidently step on or kick one. ugh lol.

Quoting M4LG5:

I just hid them.  haha

natesmom1228
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Probably those stupid silly bands. I have thrown more of those things out lately. He doesn't even miss them.

JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:53 PM

It's nothing I have given my kids. My Granny on the other hand, is always sending them tons of stuff. She got my 3 and 1 year old these magnetic dolls last year, they were cute, but have so many pieces and my kids aren't into dolls.Two minutes into playing they just became magnets to stick to other stuff. I finally put them away.  It's getting rather annoying because each year I take time to make a list like she asks telling her what my kids are in to and what they have asked for, and my mom sees the list and follows it, my MIL does the same thing... my Granny who asked for the list totally ignores it.

AND THOSE DARN ZHU ZHUS. they fall to the bottom of the toy box and I am walking by the playroom at night and they go off and scare me half to death. I didn't know you could turn them off. I finally stuck them up on a shelf.

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:55 PM

I tried but maybe I wasn't holding it down long enough or something.  honestly, i have no idea where they are now.  haha

Quoting Jess1231:

Near the back you hold and it turns off

Quoting M4LG5:

I just hid them.  haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)