Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice! DOnt know what to do!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:50 PM
  • 3 Replies

Good afternoon moms!! I am in desperate need of some opinions and advice..I hope this doesnt turn out to be too long, if it does i am sorry..Ok, my 6 year old is in 1st grade..She has been a hyper child since she was a baby and i always worried that she may have adhd and worried she would struggle in school..She barely passed kindergarten because she cannot pay attention to any one thing for more than 5 minutes = (

So far in 1st grade ( she has only been going for 3 weeks and has not missed any days at all) she has made 5 "F's" I am so scared she is going to fail..Me and my dh have been discussing the fact that she may have to be medicated with some sort of adhd med..

I really do not want to put those harsh stimulants in her system, but we have tried everything..We have had tutors try and help her with no luck..Me and dh try to help her and she gets so frusterated..I have even tried to let her 8 year old sister help her some to no avail..

My question is, if this was your child what would you do?

Would you put her on meds?

If your child is on meds, how did the transition from no meds to stimulants work out for you?

TIA for all you wonderful mommas help!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Jessicabuff
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:52 PM

bump

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Have you had her evaluated by the school? They might be able to have an 504 plan for her to allow gross motor breaks. Some kids have a higher attention span after doing some gross motor activity.

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:02 PM

If I was in your place, I would discuss the concerns with my child's doctor, and hopefully that would lead to my child being tested to see if she needs assistance in any area--whether it's ADHD or hearing or anything else that might be interfering with my child's ability to learn.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)