• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are they Learning?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:08 PM
  • 6 Replies
What are they learning at school this week?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Kris_PBG
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:03 PM
Ummm-lots? LOL!

The usual-math,spelling words, social studies, reading, etc..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaLeeMaLa
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:07 PM

I homeschool my 2nd grader and this week we are learning how to compare, expand and order numbers up to 500 and in Langauge arts we are learning digraphs, nouns and proper nouns :)

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:05 PM

When I was helping in dd's K class yesterday, they were starting to work on counting by 5's. I know they did other stuff, too, I just wasn't there to see what and she can never remember : )

Ds2 (2nd) has learned about air, worked on reading comprehension, and practiced addition math facts.

Ds1 (7th) is covering some geography of Asia and Africa in social studies, weather in science, fiction elements in lang. arts, conjugating the verb "ser" in Spanish, practicing a piece called "Dreaming" in orchestra, and I'm not sure what in math and PE/Health.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:07 PM

This week is B week. They are counting to 2. It's preschool though. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:32 PM

He's doing review in math and learning about the upcoming projects for the school year. His first project is a history one, and my son chose Egypt. He's already quite a ways into the project.

lfrrll5
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:41 PM
So far its been almost all review for them but its only the 3rd week. I did a lot with them this summer. If I had better support I'd probably homeschooling but it gets really stressful sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)