• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

some lil boy found my daughter's $ and wont give it back....

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:03 PM
  • 17 Replies

this morning i gave my 6yr old daughter 2 bux so she can buy smencils at recess in the library! she wore a skirt today so didn't have pockets..i said, put it in ur backpack, she said they are not allowed to go to their backpacks during class time (they have them in a pile on the floor away from their desks) so even tho i think thats a dumb rule i just said ok put it in ur shoe...well it fell out of her shoe at recess and some boy in her class found it...and he wouldn't give it back bcuz he said she was lieing! i said well why didn't u tell ur teacher? she said bcuz if we tattle we'll pull a card (cards are not a good thing), i said well i will talk to ur teacher tomorrow morning! now my ? does any one else think this backpack rule and tattle rule are stupid? and wut would u do about the 2 dollars, i mean my word should be good enough rite????  how should i approach these situations?

Maricela mom to 4 beautiful kids....
CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abmaddox1981
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:08 PM
Just me, not bashing or telling you what to do, but when my ds takes money to school, she has to wear pants. Also, I would stress to her that I prefer she pull a card and tell her teacher than have to be out the money. I understand its only $2, but the point is the boy should have given it back. I would speak to the teacher and tell her what happened, and I would expect the boy to return the money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:12 PM
Taking money to school is a risk. Unfortunately no, your word will not be good enough. Even though the teacher may believe your story, there is no proof. It's lesson most kids learn the hard way.
SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:23 PM

bux, really? LOL Anyway, I would talk to the teacher, but I would have told my DD that SHE should have told her teacher at that time.

sprout18
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Quoting mjande4:

Taking money to school is a risk. Unfortunately no, your word will not be good enough. Even though the teacher may believe your story, there is no proof. It's lesson most kids learn the hard way.

I agree. If you send her with money either make her wear something with pockets or put the money in an envelope with a note as to what it is for and have her give it to her teacher in the morning. I'm sure teacher will be more than happy to hold the money for your daughter and give it to her at the appropriate time then have these 1st graders fighting over it.

Ericka - mom to 4 crazy boys Will (8/02), Aiden (1/04), Andrew (8/05) and Zach (4/08)!

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:25 PM

And her daughter shouldn't be punished for telling. IMO, "tattling" is something like, "She's looking at me," "He's not doing his work," etc. NOT "HE stole the money that fell out of my shoes."

Quoting abmaddox1981:

Just me, not bashing or telling you what to do, but when my ds takes money to school, she has to wear pants. Also, I would stress to her that I prefer she pull a card and tell her teacher than have to be out the money. I understand its only $2, but the point is the boy should have given it back. I would speak to the teacher and tell her what happened, and I would expect the boy to return the money.

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:30 PM
Lesson learned - bringing $$ is a risk. Our school actually has a rule not to put money in undergarments or footwear...and 'ow' all those exclamation points hurt my eyes, LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mgm_5
by Mari on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:35 PM

thx ladies! i just talked to hubby about it and he said the same thing about the envelope and giving it to the teacher! and yes i agree, she shouldn't be punished for telling and IMO she shouldn't be scared to also! and yes bux LOL! i had someone in one of my other groups laugh cuz i was using 'frenz' also... im almost always on CM from my phone and try to use short cuts and have started getting used to these words LOL!!!

mgm_5
by Mari on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:36 PM

LMAO!! im an exclamation point whore LOL!!! i also use ... alot!!!

Quoting the3Rs:

Lesson learned - bringing $$ is a risk. Our school actually has a rule not to put money in undergarments or footwear...and 'ow' all those exclamation points hurt my eyes, LOL.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM

I'm sorry to say, but I don't think she will be getting the money back since there is no actual way of proving that it is her money.  Maybe next time, put the money in an envelope with her name written on it and also have her wear something with pockets.

At our school, money have to be in an envelope with the student's name and what the money is for.  Then the teacher holds onto the envelopes until it is time for that particular activity.

TheBabyFactory4
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:26 PM

my kids school follows the same policy

Quoting steelcrazy:

I'm sorry to say, but I don't think she will be getting the money back since there is no actual way of proving that it is her money.  Maybe next time, put the money in an envelope with her name written on it and also have her wear something with pockets.

At our school, money have to be in an envelope with the student's name and what the money is for.  Then the teacher holds onto the envelopes until it is time for that particular activity.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)