Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rash?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:15 PM
  • 14 Replies

I just noticed a rash on the back of DS neck and head. I am not sure what it is.On Aug 17 he was vaxed for kindergarten. They said to keep an eye out for a rash that could show up from 2 weeks to a month later. He also can't eat anything with red 40 because of how it affects his behavior. I recently bought a combo body wash/shampoo/conditioner and it has red 40 in it. Well since he will not be eating it I thought it would be okay(and it still may be IDK) It has been a few dasy of using the body wash.

Pics in first reply. May take awhile, uploading from phone.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shaylyn318
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:22 PM

momof754
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:32 PM

is the rash anywhere else? like, between fingers, toes, around the bends of elbows or knees?

Shaylyn318
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Quoting momof754:

is the rash anywhere else? like, between fingers, toes, around the bends of elbows or knees?

No. Just the back of his head and neck.

momof754
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:39 PM

it might just be a reastion to the new soap. i would call the pediatrician in the morning just to be safe

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:44 PM

If it's not anywhere else, my guess would be the soap as well. Call the dr in the a.m. to be sure.

JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Call the ped. I just found out that even if you weren't previously allergic to something, or had a previously smaller reactionlast time, it doesn't meant that's the way you are going to react everytime.

PoehlerBear1983
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:30 PM
Looks like a heat rash to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Quoting momof754:

it might just be a reastion to the new soap. i would call the pediatrician in the morning just to be safe

I agreed.

Shaylyn318
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:58 AM

This morning. I gave him a shower before bed and used different shampoo and body wash.

natesmom1228
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:00 AM

Look like you found your answer.  The rash looks much better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)