Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Picture day

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:14 PM
  • 39 Replies

Tomorrow my son has picture day at his school. I love picture day, but I dont like that they want the picture money on the day the pictures are taken. I dont like to buy until I see and last year for his pictures his eyes were closed, so I had to send the pictures back I paid for and call the company for a refund. Hopefully his pictures will turn out nice tomorrow. Wish us luck! Anyone else have any pet peeves about picture day?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cowboygal
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:16 PM
Same. They have retake days at our school. Spring pics we get to look before we buy. Lifetouch lowered their prices this year but dh and I might buy class pics only and take them somewhere else for pics.
janitablue
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:17 PM

I really don't have pet peeves. Good luck on picture day.

dixiegurl223626
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:20 PM

They had retake day at my son's school last year and he was in kindergarten. I sent his original pictures back and dressed him for pictures that day and he wasnt even taken down for his retake picture. Kind of a bummer, but its ok. I loved his spring pictures Lifetouch did and I got to look before buying.

Quoting cowboygal:

Same. They have retake days at our school. Spring pics we get to look before we buy. Lifetouch lowered their prices this year but dh and I might buy class pics only and take them somewhere else for pics.

kimikylemama
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:22 PM

good luck.  Luckily  all my son's prek pics turned out great.  He's in kindergarden this year.

cowboygal
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:24 PM
Oh and they do not take them first thing when younger. My son in kinder painted right before his pics. Had paint on his outfit. Who paints on picture day wih a bunch of 5 and 6 yr olds?
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Ours was yesterday. If we do not like the pictures we can do a retake later. But it cost an additional fee to do so. I usually just hope for the best. My boys have some sweet smiles. So far they have all been pretty good pictures.

blessedmom1978
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Yeah I don't like that you have to pay on the day either. At my kids school, they have picture day in the fall and the spring. I don't like that because I can barely afford to buy them once a year I don't want to have to buy them again. I usually only buy them in fall but my kids will give me a hard time if I don't buy in spring.

LadyJag
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:17 AM
Ugh! My daughter's school had picture day today (Wed.) a stupid company called "Lifetouch" does them. If you want a class photo, you have to pay up front. Individual pics are sent home so that you can set them aside, forget you have them, and then owe the full package price of $8-9 a sheet. LOL!

Last year, I sent in a $10 check for a class pic in advance, as indicated. Months went by, and no picture. I checked my bank account, and Lifetouch had cashed my check almost immediately. Called Lifetouch who told me to see if the school had any "extras" to give me. Nope! Called back, and they apologized and said they'd process a pic for me and send it to me.
Another month went by and no picture. Called Lifetouch again, and they said they had no record of my previous request, but they would for sure print a new pic and have it sent out to me in 10-14 days.
3 weeks went by, and STILL no picture! I called back and got more apologies and some lame excuse about them printing the wrong picture and so they had to find the right one and print it. I FINALLY got my picture a week later...just before the end of the school year.
I learned my lesson. I don't buy anybof the Lifetouch pictures now. Instead, I just take my daughter to a portrait studio, where I can get a whole package of GOOD pics for less than $20.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GagaNTattooS
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:20 AM

my pet peeves are they always suck no matter how good lookin your kid is school pictures look fake and cheesee

_Mrs.H_
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 6:39 AM

Ours are next week.  I wish we could see before buying.  His kindergarten picture his head was tilted down and he looked so uncomfortable.  Last years picture was pretty good though.  I am excited because this year is a toothless smile.  He has no front teeth!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)