Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So frustrated... UPDATE

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

The Booster president CALLED AND ASKED ME to setup the fundraiser I previously set a post for. Now I find out that she didn't get approval from the rest of the booster board. I'm glad there wasn't a contract I had to sign to set this up but now I look like an idiot to the frickin Booster Board

The Booster president called this morning and apoligized for HER miscommunication. The best part is I had already talked to the Treasuer and straightened it all out. I came across as the better person and am now feeling very validated  in my actions. The Board is very impressed by my attitude and wants to try to get the fundraiser approved the right way since I worked so hard to get it done so fast.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
janitablue
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Honestly it was not your fault. You did what you had to do. If anything Booster president look like any idot. She did not get the approval.

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:33 PM

That sucks. I guess the only thing to do is to learn form this experience and realize that you need more information besides just the president's okay (which normally would be enough....).

ShaeD
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:37 PM

The fundraiser they had previously setup they fucked up with the football teams fundraiser. I pulled this off in 3 days. I worked so frickin hard to get it done and now Im not sure its worth it to even mess with it. I dont even have a kid in HS and they fricken recruited me for my previous work in fundraising. It is so hard not to blow up but that would be the worst thing I could do.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:37 PM

I agree!

Quoting Barabell:

That sucks. I guess the only thing to do is to learn form this experience and realize that you need more information besides just the president's okay (which normally would be enough....).

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Taking the high road isn't always easy, but it can definitely worth it in the long run. Good for you.

Quoting ShaeD:

The fundraiser they had previously setup they fucked up with the football teams fundraiser. I pulled this off in 3 days. I worked so frickin hard to get it done and now Im not sure its worth it to even mess with it. I dont even have a kid in HS and they fricken recruited me for my previous work in fundraising. It is so hard not to blow up but that would be the worst thing I could do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)