Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Pig Pen Costume..... HELP!!

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 5:36 PM
  • 7 Replies

How would you make a Pig Pen costume? You know from the Peanuts cartoon. I'm having a dilemma with the "dirt" floating around him. I think we need that to make it look like Pig Pen but I can't figure out how to do it!

by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
auroragold
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 5:41 PM

silver or gray tulle........?  

auroragold
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 5:41 PM

take the tulle and make little balls/pieces. Tie it with clear fishing line and attach to other end of the line to the clothing

auroragold
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 6:22 PM

And as I think of it -- I might string some clear or light gray pony beads here and there along the fishing line so it looked like the little specks of dirt in the drawings.

JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Tehehe,  I was going to say don't wash the for a week. Lol. Guess I am no help at all.

JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Here I did find this link.... but it ignores the dust cloud.

Pig Pen is fairly easy. Use Brown clothes for starters. Smash a BBQ brick and rub on the face and hands for more dirt effect. Don't forget to trash the clothes with charcoal. A little powdered dirt can't hurt either.

Cindy18
by Cruella on Sep. 22, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Thanks so much, ladies.

I think we are going to try a Movie Theater Floor instead.

(It's for a client not my kid :)

my3scouts
by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 2:31 PM

I used a mixture of flour and cocoa to cover the clothes and used shorts with cargo pockets to place ziploc bags filled with the mixture and poked holes in the bag.  My son just hit his pockets with his hands to cause a cloud of dust.  he could also take the bags out of his pockets to slap against his t-shirt to place fresh dirt as needed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)