Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

it hard to get kids up for school

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:43 AM
  • 13 Replies

who can not get there kids up for school i know i cant

by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soymujer
by Mikki on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Mine are pretty easy to get up...once in a while I have difficulty getting the youngest up.

family in the van   Mom of four

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:46 AM
I will shake her if I have to but normally she will wake up easily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
menmy2lilmen
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:46 AM

On mornings that they take the bus it can be difficult since its so early. Most days they are up before I am though.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Every once in a while, I have trouble getting ds2 to wake up, but usually they get up pretty well. They're not happy about it, but they wake up : )

bootifuldisastr
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I struggle with it and then they will make me late for work also....I'm done playing that game...I walk in there with a cup of water and after trying to get them up and then counting to 3 if they refuse..water gets dumped on them. I think I only had to do it one time.....
NoahsCoolMama
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:51 AM

If my son stays up too late, then he is really hard to get up. But if he goes to bed early enough, he will get up right away.

sillymommy521
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:52 AM

It used to be terrible getting my son up for school but this year I haven't had any problems. It's been nice! I don't know if maybe it's because it's a different school and he likes it better but he's really good from waking up to getting ready quickly.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:53 AM

If they are consistantly hard to wake up, consider giving them an earlier bedtime because they are obviously needing more sleep.  I used to have trouble with my boys, then I got them their own alarm clock and they wake up much easier.  When I woke them up they'd whine and beg for a few more minutes, but with the alarm there is no one to whine to.

maria2423
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 11:03 AM

it hard for me still even if they go to bed early they don't want to get up my son his in kindergarten and it is hard to get him up there's no bus for him i have to take him to school and come back home and try to get my daughter up because the bus comes for her early so yea it i very hard . then being pregnant even harder  and if u still have another little one even more hard

PoehlerBear1983
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM
We get up at 5 so yeah its pretty tough
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)