Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How is my shy son getting in trouble for talking every day?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 12:36 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son has been extremely shy all of his life, he's just beginning to come out of his shell and be a little more outgoing.  He's in 2nd grade, and the last few weeks he's gotten bad reports for conduct several days a week for talking during class!  It's so puzzling to me and honestly I'm a little confused how big of a deal to make of it with him.  I've spent his whole life encouraging him to speak up and now I need ot teach him to hush apparently!

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 12:53 PM

I haven't had to deal with that.  Maybe try talking to him about when it is appropriate to be talking to friends and when it isn't.

ShaeD
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Don't make it a big deal. Treat it as you would if he was getting in trouble for anything else.

Rychelle
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

this started happening for my 2nd grade son this year too.. turned out hes bored.. Hes finishing his work way before the other kids.. and instead of the teacher givinghim a book to read or extra work like his past teachers shes just having him sit there and wait on the other kids.. which, IMO is asking for a 7 yr old to get fidget and start talking.

Buggy979
by Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought this way with my middle... My thing is if you can go to school during recess and watch him.. its amazing the things they do and say when we are not around...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Buggy979
by Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 1:01 PM
Oh go without him knowing you are there...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
menmy2lilmen
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Yeo that would be my oldest. He hates crouds and never talks. Well except for at school it seems. His teacher say he is polite about talking but instead of raising his hand he goes "Hey Mrs....."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)