Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice for DD

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:55 AM
  • 4 Replies

Never thought I would be writing this post but here goes, DD is 4 and is in Pre-K. She as 2 little girls that she went to Preschool with in her class. Well DD and 1 of the little girls ride the bus together. They both go to school the next Co. over and ride a private bus to the Elementary school and then get on a local bus which takes them to their school, Pre-k and K are at the main office. Well DD keeps talking about how this girl is being mean, Making fun of her cause she cant snap her figure every loud, does not run as fast, DD has asthma and worries at times that if she runs fast she will have an attack, she also makes fun of DD cause she cant eat what they do in class, she has major food allergies. DD has never had any problems with any other kids. Well on the way to meet the bus today DD started crying and saying she did not want to go to school cause of this girl. Come to find out the last 2 days the little girl has been hitting her on the bus and another little girl that DD is friends with. So I talked to the bus driver  and by then DD was not going to get on the bus, I guess she figured it would make the little girl made cause I said something. DD was in full on cry and not letting go of me. So the bus drivers DD, she is 14, came and talked to DD and got her to get on the bus with her. The driver said he will keep them apart and have a talk with the little girl. I dont think that will fix the problem cause the mom is the same way. So am looking for advice on how to help DD.

Oh the other little girl is 5, her mom kept her back a grade

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jen113000
by Jenna on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:21 AM

A report should be filed for one. You should contact the school about the issues. I agree that the bus driver should keep them apart. I'm sorry your DD is going through this. So awful she does not want to get on the bus. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Talk to the school principal. Here, actions on the bus are still considered school grounds. This issue needs to be resolved ASAP. Hitting is not acceptable. That would create an immediate bus suspension at my son's school.

Barabell
by Barbara on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Also, I'm sorry your daughter is going through this already. Hugs.

lynettemommie4
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:34 PM

yeah i would call and talk to principal. there are rules on the bus and she is not following them. therefore needs to be punished not just talked to. hugs sorry she is going thru this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)