• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many of your kids are still in booster seats (either low or high back ones)?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:13 AM
  • 199 Replies

I found out yesterday that my 9 yr old 70lb 4 ft 6 inch 3rd grader is the only one in his grade still in a low back booster.  So it got me to wondering how many of your kids are still in boosters and if they arent in boosters how old were they when they quit using them and if you want to provide a reason why arent they still in them now?  I go through alot of ridicule and being made fun of because my 9 yr old is in a low back booster and I am trying to decide if enough is enough...thanks for your answers...

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moniagee
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:14 AM
My 8 yr old is in one and I get made fun if alot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy259
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

My two oldest are not in booster seats they are 12 and 8 and have not been in them since they were 5....The reason because that was the law at the time....My youngest is 5 and is still in a 5 point harness carseat she will be in a carseat/booster for awhile yet because she is no bigger then most 3 year olds.

jen113000
by Jenna on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this

My kids are 5 1/2 and 2 1/2 and are both still harnessed. Don't let others decide for you what is safe for your child. My kids will be harnessed as long as possible.. which unless my 5 year old has a huge growth spurt... I see him harnessed for atleast another year. Then he will be in a HBB as long as he needs it.

jillbailey26
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:16 AM

My 7 year old is (no back, just the seat), my 8 year old is not, my 3 year old is still rear facing, but she's only like 25lbs, lol.

GA law bumped the age for booster seats up to 8 years old.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

superwoman8977
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:17 AM

Quoting moniagee:

My 8 yr old is in one and I get made fun if alot

Glad I am not alone..

anikahaynes1
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:18 AM
My 5.5yo is in a hbb prob will be for at least 3-4 more years. My 2.5 yo is harnessed still
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:20 AM
My 7 and 6 yr old dds are in high back boosters. The recommendation in Louisiana is 80lbs or 9yrs. Which ever comes first. My 5yo is still in 5pt. I will be taking my girls out of boosters when the new baby gets here because they will be sitting in 3rd row and it's higher so they would hit the ceiling. Both girls are with in 3lbs of each other so I'm comfortable with my dd at age 8 and 6 1/2 not in one, being in 3rd row. But if I didn't have a 4th baby on the way Im not gonna rush to get them out. They prefer it anyway now. Except when they have been in 3rd row
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ClassyMom619
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:23 AM

My 2 oldest are 12 & 10 and not in booster seats of any kind. Quit using them I guess when they were about 6 & 7? Can't exactly remember, but I have big kids and at the time there were no laws governing keeping them in the seats. They fit perfectly in the regular car seat with the shoulder strap so we stopped using them.

Rychelle
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:31 AM

my 7yr old is here in NJ we have the 8/80 law.. so he will be in one for another year at least..

JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:31 AM

My GIrls are 2 and 4. @ year old is in 5 point harness, 4 year old is HBB. The law in NC is 8 years old or 80 lbs, and on Fort Bragg its 8 and 80lbs.  My  4 year old is tall through the torso so I only see here in a hbb for another year or so until I have to move her to a plain booster because the seat belt adjusters won't be at the right height anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)