Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do??

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:17 PM
  • 51 Replies

I am gonna give you a situation that might have happened and you tell me how YOU would react or handle the situation if it were your child. This is just a what if kind of situation. This is not something that I have had happen personally or someone I know had happen.

You get a call from your child's teacher around noon. She explains that your child has had an accident in the classroom and needs to be picked up or a change of clothing brought in. And that your child will be in the office waiting. So you get to the school. You go in and decide by the look on your child's face to sign them out for the remainder of the day. So you sign the early release sheet. And you notice a note off to the side of the counter that says " Insert your child's last name and sex of child" sh*t and pissed them self. Can't you smell it?" laying right there in plain view. This note is laying in view of any other person or child that has been in the office since you got the call to come to the school. What do you do?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
andrea96
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:11 PM

I would talk to the principal. There is no reason for a teacher, or whoever wrote that, to write those exact words, and then leave it in public view.

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:33 PM

If I know who wrote it, I would go directly to that person and talk to them about it.  I would also talk to the principal about their protocal for handling situations.

Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Quoting andrea96:

I would talk to the principal. There is no reason for a teacher, or whoever wrote that, to write those exact words, and then leave it in public view.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by Jen on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:36 PM
I'd go straight to the principal!! That's just wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:42 PM

I'd be wanting to talk to the principal about it.

nellyb118
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:44 PM
I'd go to the principal. That's humiliating for a child and completely out of line...any adult with half a brain would know how inappropriate that is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Quoting andrea96:

What form of action do you think should happen?

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

If I know who wrote it, I would go directly to that person and talk to them about it.  I would also talk to the principal about their protocal for handling situations.

If you knew who wrote the note, what would say to them?

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Quoting Flaca43:

Quoting andrea96:

Would you remain calm once you went to the principal?

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Quoting jaytee:

I'd go straight to the principal!! That's just wrong.

What if the principal wasn't there? Then what would you do?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)