Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

7 year old

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 1:03 PM
  • 6 Replies

my son is 7 years old and he has a learnig disability. i wish i had friends i could talk to about this but only some of them listen and give me advice. i wish there was someone i knew who was going throught the samething that i could talk to.. i dont even remember what a child should be going through at  this age my daughter is 9 but she nver had any problems developing. lately ive been having friends and famil talking bad about me behind my back and to my face telling me im not doing right by him. he is all the therapy possible at school i do all i can with him at home and its hard to know what to do with him when we dont have a set in stone diagnossis. i just wish i could talk to someone and they understood or they could just give me advice o what im doing wwrong or what i could do differently or better or i dont know i just hate having it all on my shoulders and kept inside because i know its not good for me but what am i supposed to do..

thanks for listinening i just am so glad i found this site i need more mom friends yay

TINA

family car

by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Barbznc
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a 7 year old son too.  He doesn't have a learning disability but a few of his classmates do so I think I understand a little what you're going through.  All you can do is makes sure you'te taking advantage of all the resources available to you and your son, and to be loving and supportive.  If you can afford a private therapist or tutor that might help too.  It also sounds like you, yourself,  might benefit by seeing a professional to speak to.  As far as your "friends" (with friends like those who needs enemies?) and family speaking behind your back you might want to mentioning ONCE to them that you're doing everything you can - but if they're going to talk behind your back I guess there's nothing you can do about that and you should ignore them as best you can.  But don't avoid listening to advice either - some of it could ber very helpful.

I truly wish you the best of luck!

Barbara

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

There are lots of us with special needs kids on here. You are not alone. The ones talking about you don't live your life and experience what you do on a daily basis. Never mind their ignorance.

jen113000
by Jenna on Dec. 1, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Welcome to the group! Lots of support here, jump right in!

TheBabyFactory4
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Quoting jen113000:

Welcome to the group! Lots of support here, jump right in!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Welcome, and feel free to vent here anytime. You are definitely not alone in what you're going though.

Barabell
by Barbara on Dec. 2, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Welcome to the group. I don't have a special needs child, but I have definitely learned more about them through this group. I hope you make posts when you need help (whether the help is just venting).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN