Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

If someone hits you.....HIT THEM BACK!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:17 PM
  • 61 Replies

Poll

Question: To fight or not to fight......that is the question

Options:

Turn the other cheak!

Hit them back!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 88

View Results

I have tried so hard to teach my kids to not be violent, but now......."F" THAT!  I have seen too many out of control kids who have parents that don't care and teach them how to do all the wrong things so now we fight fire with fire!  I don't want my kids to just walk up and pound on people, but I don't want them to come home crying everyday either.  I mean all this hitting and violence is even in preschool! Some of them are so bad the teacher can't even handle them let alone the parents. Is it old fashion to teach a kid to do the right thing?  I am tired of all these kids with no home training!  So now my motto is if they hit you, hit them back!  If they cuss at you cuss them back out!  I really hate to do this!  Lets hope I'm not unleashing a big mess!  I just can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShaeD
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

For me it's a case by case basis. If needed I want my DDS to fight back but  I dont want them starting stuff either.

calimom1123
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I tell my dd to hit back. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Jen_Miller
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting ShaeD:

For me it's a case by case basis. If needed I want my DDS to fight back but  I dont want them starting stuff either.

Right!  I told them don't start the trouble, but if they hit you punch them back!  These kids out here are too crazy and I don't want mine getting stompped on.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:27 PM
4 moms liked this

My boys have been told to walk away and/or get help.  If you can't do either of those and you are being physically hurt, you are permitted to hit and/or kick someone to protect yourself.  However, as soon as you have hurt them enough that you can get away from them safely, they are to quit hitting/kicking and run away to get help.

lady_author
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I tell my boys that if someone wants to start something with them, just walk away. If they retaliate, they will be the ones who will get in trouble. Especially during school. Our school district has a "No Tolerance" policy when it comes to violence and using foul words. It does not matter who started it, if a teacher catches two students engaged in or told about being involved in a fight or using bad language then both are sent to the office and parents are called. If only one tries to start and the other walks away, the the one is sent to the office.

Two wrongs, don't make a right.

Shaylyn318
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:38 PM

From my experience turning the other cheek doesn't work. I never stood up for myself, I told the teachers but the bulling never stopped. I do teach my kids that it is not nice to hit but that if someone is hitting you and will not stop then hit them back.

mandarose
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Two wrongs may not make a right but the kids now days are so out of control i've taught my kids to not take their crap. I've been in a battle with a school about my daughter being threatened to have her face ripped off (threat) and being hit on and nothing happened. Nobody even looked into it until i went in two days later and demanded to know why that little girl was still bullying my child. Nothing happened. I don't tolerate other kids' stupidity and i don't expect my kids to have to be on the other end of it.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:52 PM
2 moms liked this

My boys are well aware that they most likely will get in trouble at school, but they also know that mommy is taking them out for ice cream for defending themselves.  I'm sorry, but I won't have my child be another child's punching bag.

Quoting lady_author:

I tell my boys that if someone wants to start something with them, just walk away. If they retaliate, they will be the ones who will get in trouble. Especially during school. Our school district has a "No Tolerance" policy when it comes to violence and using foul words. It does not matter who started it, if a teacher catches two students engaged in or told about being involved in a fight or using bad language then both are sent to the office and parents are called. If only one tries to start and the other walks away, the the one is sent to the office.

Two wrongs, don't make a right.

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:55 PM

AGREE! 

Quoting steelcrazy:

My boys have been told to walk away and/or get help.  If you can't do either of those and you are being physically hurt, you are permitted to hit and/or kick someone to protect yourself.  However, as soon as you have hurt them enough that you can get away from them safely, they are to quit hitting/kicking and run away to get help.

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I teach mine to not hit back.  They will only get in trouble right along with the other kid.  I don't tolerate hitting or cussing for any reason.  Not only will they get into trouble at school, they'll get in trouble at home too.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN