Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kitchen Talk for December 3rd

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:29 AM
  • 14 Replies

What do you do for breakfast or dinner on your kid's birthday?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abmaddox1981
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:33 AM
Whatever (within reason) they ask for on that day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Strega
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:33 AM
I cook Breakfast everyday anyway, so we really don't do anything different on Birthdays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
endurablemist
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Dinner s whatever they want. Breakfast is usually  cereal, oatmeal, or waffles. DDs birthday is in November and I don't make big breakfasts on school days.

TheBabyFactory4
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:47 AM
Nothing specific each year. Dd and I share a birthday so we almost ALWAYS go out together with the family. We took ds to cracker barrel this year. And dh worked on other dds bday this year, my brother and his family came over to have cake, idk remember what we did for dinner
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Usually they get to pick what we have for dinner and I'll cook it.  After dinner my parents, my sister, and my sister's children come over for cake and presents.  They show up even if not invited and even if I have a party.  My mother feels that it is her God given right to be with her grandchildren on their actual birthday.

Cindy18
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:12 AM
They get to pick whatever they want for me to cook. It gets real interesting sometimes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:33 AM
If that would happen and we had other plans or didn't want company, door would be locked and ignored

Quoting steelcrazy:

Usually they get to pick what we have for dinner and I'll cook it.  After dinner my parents, my sister, and my sister's children come over for cake and presents.  They show up even if not invited and even if I have a party.  My mother feels that it is her God given right to be with her grandchildren on their actual birthday.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by Jen on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:51 AM
They pick want they want for dinner. Breakfast I try to make what they like.

My mom still makes dinner for her kids birthdays :-) Their choice! Sometimes my mom is like "really"!? Especially if it's something she's never made.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:19 PM

I don't do anything special for breakfast. For dinner, they get to pick (within reason) either what I fix or where we go out to eat.

momof754
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:21 PM
They get to choose what we have for dinner
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)