Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My poor baby

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:48 AM
  • 5 Replies

My DS is 5 (6 in April) and is in Kindergarten. The past couple of days he has seemed really sad and not wanting to go to school. He keeps telling me he wants to stay home. I ask him why and he just says he does. Then when I ask him if kids are picking on him, he says yes. But he can't tell me what they are saying. Cause when I ask what they say he just says i don't know or shrugs his shoulders.

What am I suppose to do?? It breaks my heart to see him like this, cause every morning he wakes up in a happy mood and can't wait to get to school.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
nicoal4
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:52 AM
Talk to the teacher she see's allot .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by Jen on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:02 AM
Aww, that's so sad. My 8 y/o dd doesn't want to go to school either because of being picked on. Idk what to do either. I have told her to just ignore them.

I'm sorry I wish I had advice

*hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loveurmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Talk with the teacher alone and explain your concerns, then talk with the teacher and your son together.  It will help him to know he has grown ups that care about him.  The teacher can filicate many different things, a buddy, moving his seat, giving him special jobs.  There are so many things that can be done.  I have taught (forever) and with sweet babies in kindergarden there is a lot of adjusting to do.  Hang in there and advocate for your kiddo, cause if you don't no one will.  Good luck!

Cindy18
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. Talk with the teacher and see what's going on in school.

Kris_PBG
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:55 PM
This.

Quoting Cindy18:

I agree. Talk with the teacher and see what's going on in school.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)