Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got rid of the 'extra' channels.

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:12 AM
  • 8 Replies
No nickelodeon, cartoon network, etc.. We don't even have abc family or tbs anymore. Literally were at the bare minimum now and I'm excited to see what ds will say when he notices.

What happened when you got rid of tv at your place? (if you have chosen to do so)

I'm going to miss spongebob :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:00 PM

We were w/ just absolute bare basics for a little while before our cable was hooked up, and then again when the company moved a bunch up to "digital package channels only". The kids weren't happy at first, but adjusted. I'll admit I wasn't happy on the second one, either- if all tv channels are broadcasting in digital only now, why should we have to pay extra for a "digital package"?

chinosruca
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:16 PM
My daughter wouldn't be happy but she would live. We aren't home a lot. We go to the YMCA, park, beach, etc.

For now we have no intention of getting rid of cable. I like cable. We only have basic cable, but its awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2queenie2004
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:51 PM

We have just over the air local channels. My kids don't mind at all.

momof754
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:01 PM
We haven't had cable in over two years. My kids don't notice because we have netflix, hulu and the internet plus dvd's
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:09 PM

We have netflix, tons of DVDs and on demand, so if we were to get rid of those it wouldn't effect the kids. We are actually looking at getting rid of certain channels. Cartoon network and Nickelodeon are a few of them b/c the kids don't really watch it anymore.

Cindy18
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:17 PM

I have to admit that I would probably be more at a loss than the kids. I love TV.

aetrom
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:41 PM
My kids very seldom watch cable at our house. We have dvd's, Internet, etc. Do not even notice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happy-go-lucky
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:45 PM
We don't have any tv channels (where we live we cant get anything at all unless you have cable). we have movies for the kids, also we do Hulu for the tv shows we can't miss. Sometimes we have to wait to see a certain show, but it is worth it to save the money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)