Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Five year olds potty problem..

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:15 PM
  • 4 Replies
My DS started kindergarten this past September and in febuaruy will be six. his issue is he sometimes gets what seems to be laziness and will pee or poop his paints! Or after he pees he won't shake out the last bit and will just walk around with a little wet spot. Worst this is when we are at the store and others can tell he peeed all over himself. I think he might have some issue where he just leaks a little bit during the day. I thought that having a six year old ment i didn't have to deal with an actident every day! He has a brother that's 17 months younger then him and he doesnt have a problem with getting to the potty a much. Does anyone else have this issue or delt with this before?
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
thebailiffs
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:25 PM
I know it is hard, but I would not compare them. Each one has strengths and weakness.

My son is 5 years old and when he saw his doctor just to make sure nothing was wrong, the doctor told us that up to 50% of children have accidents until they are 7 years old. I think like many other things, this is a phase and he will out grow it.

Sorry not easy answers.
Kelly2188
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:32 PM
I wasn't comparing them, I just didn't want someone to tell me I potty trained him wrong. Lol. Wanted to make a point I did it right with one kid. Hehe. No but really I figured it was a stage. I just wanted to know if someone has ever delt with this and could tell me what they did about it.
Fabiolamommyof2
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:42 PM
My DS is 5 & does that... He'll literally wait til the last minute... We have had several talks with him & he's gotten a lil better... He only does it occasionally. GL! Momma...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma0ffive
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:50 PM
My ds is 7 yrs old.... There is actually a medical term for this(which eludes me at the moment) but he does this same thing... He has gotten better this year no accidents at school, so far. I say if ur ds has no other issues... Stress, anxiety, depression, adhd or any other mental health stuff going on then I would talk with his doctor. As for comparing him to younger siblings, I see nothing wrong w tht. Thats usually our first clue as parents that some thing isnt "right". Talk to his doc and see what they think
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)