Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Polar Express at IMAX

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:19 PM
  • 14 Replies

I took the kiddo to see Polar Express at the OMNI IMAX today. It was AWESOME! We've seen the movie several times, but it was like seeing a totally new movie at the IMAX. I highly recommend seeing it at an IMAX if you haven't already. 

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:26 PM

I've only watched it at home on our "big screen".  I'm sure it would be amazing on Imax, especially some of the scenes of the train on the tracks and the scene where the train is slipping and sliding across the ice.

M4LG5
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:27 PM
They were doing it every year over here for awhile and when I finally decided to take my kids, they stopped doing it. Ugh!!!! I heard it is really good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennbec1
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Those parts were awesome! Really intense! Next time I might take a Dramamine before. lol

Quoting steelcrazy:

I've only watched it at home on our "big screen".  I'm sure it would be amazing on Imax, especially some of the scenes of the train on the tracks and the scene where the train is slipping and sliding across the ice.

immomtoo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:35 PM

BUMP!

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:37 PM

I've never seen that movie. 

It's on the list of movies I boycott because I love the books so much I don't want the movie to ruin it. 

I might have to break my rule for this one. I wonder if it's playing in the IMAX at Disney?

Cindy18
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:38 PM

That's how I saw it the first time! It is amazing!

Cindy18
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Yes you should break your boycott for The Polar Express. I wasn't interested in seeing it but the Cub Scouts went on a field trip to see it. It's amazing!

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

It's on the list of movies I boycott because I love the books so much I don't want the movie to ruin it. 

I might have to break my rule for this one. I wonder if it's playing in the IMAX at Disney?

jennbec1
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:41 PM

I have not read the book so  I cannot compare the two, but the movie is really awesome. I actually teared up a few times today.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:43 PM

wwwwww....wwhhaa....whaaaaaat??

You have to read it!

Quoting jennbec1:

I have not read the book so  I cannot compare the two, but the movie is really awesome. I actually teared up a few times today.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

jennbec1
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:44 PM

I'll make you a deal....I'll read the book if you watch the movie. Deal?

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

wwwwww....wwhhaa....whaaaaaat??

You have to read it!

Quoting jennbec1:

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)