Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gift Exchange at school

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:40 PM
  • 40 Replies

Do your kids do a Christmas gift exchange at school?

Join us on:

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjimaging
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:40 PM
I doubt it. Too many people sont celebrate so I think they avoid exchanges.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
indymom22
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:42 PM
No.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:43 PM

No.  I can't recall either of my boys ever doing a gift exchange and quite honestly, I'm glad.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:53 PM

No. This is something that stopped a LONG time ago. we did them when I was in grade school.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Quoting kmrtigger:

No. This is something that stopped a LONG time ago. we did them when I was in grade school.

Same here.  I remember doing them every year for school and even remember buying little craft kids and then hair accessories or nail polish as I got to be older Elementary school.

jmomma2003
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:07 PM
No, our school community is very diverse so a large part does not even celebrate Christmas...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofnhimai
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:55 AM

My daughter did it in Preschool.

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:57 AM
They always asked for toiletries to send to our most economically challenged county.
mandarose
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:42 AM
I loved doing the gift exchange. We had to keep it under 5 dollars which allowed everyone to be able to afford it. Our "christmas" party was always the best. Half a day long with a movie to watch. I loved it. Now theyre onlu 45 mins long and they have to rush the kids out to the bus.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting kmrtigger:

Same here.  I remember doing them every year for school and even remember buying little craft kids and then hair accessories or nail polish as I got to be older Elementary school.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
endurablemist
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:54 AM

Yes we do. This year (3rd grade) they sent a letter home to bring in a stocking that the teacher will put something in everyday for 10 days. I thought that was awesome. The exchange is $5. I bought a little Tinkerbell nail and lip gloss set to send this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)