Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bullying

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:24 AM
  • 16 Replies
Have you or your kids, ever been bully? How did you handle it? Do you talk to your kids about bullying?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StartAgain10
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Not really, except for my girl Erin. Some person at school say she talked like someone from the Jersey Shore (she never pronounces r's, and such)

Beautiful christian remarried mommy to 5 beautiful children, step-mommy to one. =)

bellasmommy1988
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I have was was buillied all the way up to highschool. when i was younger i had a speech inpediment and also was in special ed classes i was slow so i got made fun of everyday then in middle school and highschool i was the loser because i was shy and quiet and i had my own style of clothes so i got put into the outcast group.. All i can say is what my mom told me "be who you are comfortable being and dont worry about what others think the right people will come in your life and they will not care how you dress or how you talk."

RLSMOM59
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:06 PM

My daughter did her Girl Scout Gold project on Diversity: Helping  children reduce bullying. She investigated the 2 major non-white groups in the county, researched what they have contributed to society and county, games, songs, and food. She also did a play on bullying to give facts and scenerios of bullying. Great turnout and the people were pleased.

Maddiesmommy123
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter has been bullied since Kindergarten....kids are MEAN! We talk about it, have contacted the teachers, principal etc and my daughter now sees the school counselor once everyother week to talk to him about it and learn ways to deal with it and he is helping her to work on her self confidence

RLSMOM59
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:06 PM

If your daughter contiues to be bullied and the school administration has not done anything about it, it's time to go over their heads.

Quoting Maddiesmommy123:

My daughter has been bullied since Kindergarten....kids are MEAN! We talk about it, have contacted the teachers, principal etc and my daughter now sees the school counselor once everyother week to talk to him about it and learn ways to deal with it and he is helping her to work on her self confidence

akgrear
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting RLSMOM59:

If your daughter contiues to be bullied and the school administration has not done anything about it, it's time to go over their heads.

Quoting Maddiesmommy123:

I agree. When my daughter was bullied last year by a group of boys to the point of being spit on, chased with a baseball bat, and threatened with rape the school she was at wasn't going to do anything about it besides move my daughter several times to different rooms saying she was safe. Since the administration chose not to do anything we called superintendents of the school, assistant superintendents, television stations, and school board members. We wanted our daughter out of that school but the principal said it was too late in the year. We then contacted a lawyer and let the superintendent know that we contacted a lawyer and she was moved to another school and the principal was not happy with us for getting her in trouble, but they let one boy off as they didn't want him to miss the FCAT and the one who threatened rape (and their were witnesses present) she didn't plan on doing anything abou it until we showed up at school wanting to see the school police. They moved her to a school where the parents will lose it if someone even looks at their kid wrong and she will have to do something or lose her job (which to me should have happened already).

RLSMOM59
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM

You should press charges against the principle, the children invovled, the parents and the school board for letting it get that bad. Moving your child to a different school is just the start. Who is going to responsible for medical treatment or therapy payments. Who says the boys won't do it again? You should really think about pressing charges since you have an attorney anyway.

Quoting akgrear:

Quoting RLSMOM59:

Quoting Maddiesmommy123:

I agree. When my daughter was bullied last year by a group of boys to the point of being spit on, chased with a baseball bat, and threatened with rape the school she was at wasn't going to do anything about it besides move my daughter several times to different rooms saying she was safe. Since the administration chose not to do anything we called superintendents of the school, assistant superintendents, television stations, and school board members. We wanted our daughter out of that school but the principal said it was too late in the year. We then contacted a lawyer and let the superintendent know that we contacted a lawyer and she was moved to another school and the principal was not happy with us for getting her in trouble, but they let one boy off as they didn't want him to miss the FCAT and the one who threatened rape (and their were witnesses present) she didn't plan on doing anything abou it until we showed up at school wanting to see the school police. They moved her to a school where the parents will lose it if someone even looks at their kid wrong and she will have to do something or lose her job (which to me should have happened already).

hopefulmama4
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

When my 11 yr old was in 3rd gr., she was a little mean to a girl, one morning when I dropped her off at school the girls mom informed me of this, so I marched into the school-hadn't started yet, & made my daughter apologize to her right then, after that they became freinds! Then when she was in 5th gr, a boy tried to bully her, he was way bigger than her, but she had him on the ground, they had to serve in-school detention together, I didn't let her know, but in my head, I was like- way to go! I remind my girls often that what comes around goes around, so they better be nice.

wits_end2012
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I was bullied in school and I'm pretty sensitive to the subject still.

Alexia gets picked on at school a LOT. She is short and skinny for her age and other kids take notice. Just recently she was getting hit on the bus and another kid ripped the scarf that I had crocheted for her just a few days earlier. We reported it and she was moved on the bus... so we'll see if that helps.

akgrear
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Quoting RLSMOM59:

You should press charges against the principle, the children invovled, the parents and the school board for letting it get that bad. Moving your child to a different school is just the start. Who is going to responsible for medical treatment or therapy payments. Who says the boys won't do it again? You should really think about pressing charges since you have an attorney anyway.

Quoting akgrear:

Quoting RLSMOM59:

Quoting Maddiesmommy123:

This happened last year and the police told us we couldn't press charges. The lawyer we spoke to was my cousin's wife who lives like 3 hours away but we didn't tell them that. One of the cops even told us with the bseball bat incident even after he admitted to having done it (ran at her in our apartment complex yelling "I am going to kill you") that boys will be boys. Then proceeded to tell us that since he had used a baseball bat to threaten her with that it was considered a lethal weapon and we could use all force necessary to protect our daughter yet he wouldn't do anything besides have the kid sit in his patrol car for a few minutes. We got her into a much safer school and the boy who started it all moved as he lived in the same apartment complex we did and we made complaints to the apartment people as well and his family was going to be evicted as we weren't the first famiy he had caused problems with. The boy with the baseball bat was served with a no trespassing warrant and was not allowed back on the apartment complex property. We moved to a muvh better neighborhood and a better school for my daughter and son as one is in middle school and one is still in elementary.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)