Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moody eight year old

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM
  • 15 Replies

My eight year old daughter is so moody lately...anyone else have a moody child?  I hope this isnt early hormones!!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetMama823
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Yes, my dd has been very moody, getting headaches. Hope she dosen't start anytime.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkParadox
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:50 PM

It's most likely hormones.  Even if she doesn't start right away...the average is between 9-12

Diamondolls
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Mine too. I have identical twins, they will both be 9 in Feb. One of them has grown very moody and over dramatic in the last few months. She cries at anything and her mood changes abrubtly. Her twin looks at her sometimes like she is dug up out of the ground. So I dont know if its hormones, or if its just personality since her sister is calm as can be. 

Hottubgodess
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM
My son can be that way and he is eight. It can be like living with a teen age girl his problems are neurological tho
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mik1of3
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

My now 15 year old started getting moody, and developing boobies at age 8.  Her pedi told me to go as organic as I could...at the very least make sure the dairy was hormone free.  The hormones you find in todays food DOES throw little girls into puberty sooner.  Most of my DD's fourth grade class got their periods that year!

We put our DD on an organic diet as much as we could, and we were able to stave off puberty until she was 12....normal.  Freaky...but true.

countrymom0707
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 5:48 PM
My 8 year old is having major mood problems lately too, one minute she can be fine then she is crying over something crazy, then of course she is mad because we "made" her cry, then she calms down and it's all over for a little while!
I know it's hormones of course but I will do anything to hold off the period for a few years, she is 8 will be 9 in July, but she is only 46 inches and 42 lbs. It just won't seem right for such a tiny girl to have her period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 17, 2012 at 10:02 PM

It could be the start of hormones. Some kids start getting moody at that age, unfortunately...LOL

StephieEm
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Quoting mik1of3:

My now 15 year old started getting moody, and developing boobies at age 8.  Her pedi told me to go as organic as I could...at the very least make sure the dairy was hormone free.  The hormones you find in todays food DOES throw little girls into puberty sooner.  Most of my DD's fourth grade class got their periods that year!

We put our DD on an organic diet as much as we could, and we were able to stave off puberty until she was 12....normal.  Freaky...but true.

This really is a serious national problem which doesn't get enough attention, imo.  It's not just that little girls enter their adolescence at an age when they aren't mentally prepared for it.  Children's brains become less plastic after puberty.  So their prepubescent years are their best lifetime opportunity to learn a second language, learn a musical instrument, etc.  Early puberty cuts this precious, unique opportunity short.

Stephie

CafeMom Tickers
allornone
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Could there be things going on at school?  Friends, school work, recess? Is she getting 12 hours of sleep every night even on weekends?  My dd is moody to but I think it is from watching me.  Its a mirror image of me....My mom warned me :)

Amaranth361
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 11:29 AM

My son is moody all the time too and so irritable and uncooperative...it can be maddening!!

He's nearly 8.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)