• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

at what age did your little one play by themselves?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:01 PM
  • 4 Replies
ds (now 5 y/o) played by himself as soon as he was able to roll over... Dont get me wrong i played with him as did others and he was in childcare too, but he was always content to play by himself for a little while too... Dd is so different!!! She is 2 and a half and wont for the life of her play byself unless its in the bathroom sink making a HUGE mess!!! Its so frusterating since ds is in school half day. Ds also napped til he was 4 but dd stopped a month or 2 ago unless we go for long car rides... Gggrrrrrr!!!!!! Its true what they say!!! All kids are diferent!!! Im preggo with #3 and pray its more like ds... I thought girls were easier til they hit teen years!!!! If thats the case i dont want dd to ever be a teen lol!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jmomma2003
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM
My son is an only child who from an early age was encouraged to play independently; I have always enjoyed playing with him, even now at 8, we play together, but I feel it is important for a child to play independently and entertain his/herself. I feel this skill fosters creativity and resourcefulness in a child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy06and09
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:31 PM
i agree which is why i wish i had taught dd to do so like i did with ds. Problem is up until a few months ago we lived in a 1 bedroom apt so alone time was a rare occasion....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellasmommy1988
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:14 PM

My daugther is 4 and just like your daughter she always gets mad at me when i tell her to go play in her room for a little while she thinks if she goes and plays by herself she will miss something she is a very nosey little girl and needs to be in everybodys buissness lol

2boysmommy.js
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM

since he was old enough to play, he would crawel away fromme just to be by himself and play, he is still like that at 5.5  he prefers to play alone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)