Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad dance teacher!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:21 AM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok. So I have been watching the show dance moms. The teacher is SO hard on the kids that I can't believe the parents allow it. In this episode Abby told one if the little girls "do you even have a brain in your head? I don't think so!" what's your opinion on this? They subject their children to this for what? My daughter dances and her teacher is great. If her teacher was like Abby we would switch studios or find a new hobby! Winning competitions is not worth scarring your daughter for life! Really!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeccaGK
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree! Im watching that episode right now. I can't believe that they let someone talk to their daughters that way. I understand they want to be famous and stuff and Abby can help accomplish that but it really doesn't seem worth it.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I stopped watching that show because I couldn't stand the way Abby talks to the kids. If my DD's dance teacher was like that she would have quit a long time ago.

Ngelulu
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Yea idk why they keep them there. I wouldn't. The only one she is nice to is Maddie.

Rebekah8787
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:31 AM
I'd like to give her a piece of my mind she's so heartless but the moms take there kids there I wouldn't
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole1319
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I would pull my kids out of her school so fast!!! WOW she is terrible!!!

caitslaton
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Its sad what people do for a little bit of fame...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof754
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Unfortunately, my hubby works for the photography studio that does her dance pictures and said she is about ten times worse off camera. To her it is all about winning and she doesn't care who's feelings get hurt. I know i would never subject my dd to treatment like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3690inspire
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:17 AM
Wow! Harsh!!! I wouldn't deal with a teacher like that either.!!
Strega
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this

She sickens me, but I can't stop watching!

My Husband can't get over that the Moms actually pay to have their Daughters treated like that. He caught some of it while I was watching last night.

wedding website

PhotobucketFollow Me on Pinterest

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this
My high school dance instructor was like that. At a public school. She called us fat, stupid, and lazy all the time. All she cared about was winning competitions. We had practice so much it was hard to do any other ECs, but I had already been in theater for 2 years before I joined. Then we were told we had to quit that too! It felt like I was in an abusive relationship with someone who was cutting me off from everything else. So I quit dance. I cringe when I see this show because people PAY to have their daughters treated this way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)