Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 1st grader

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM
  • 10 Replies

My 6 yr old Daughter had asked where do babys come from , My son who turn 10 on Tuesday said  you have to eat watermelon. So know my daughter said will  I'm not going to eat watermelon .

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM

You definitley need to have a talk with her that is age appropriate....as you do with your 10 year old.

My girls (8 and 5) know that the man gives a sperm to a woman and it goes in her egg (then I point where).  Then it grows.  We haven't got to the point of how the sperm gets there because I don't think that is quite age-appropriate...though my 8 year old is getting there.

Christy78
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I will have to talk with her . My son already knows but being the big brother he likes to  tell her storys  and he thought the watermelon  story was funny.  

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Quoting Christy78:

I will have to talk with her . My son already knows but being the big brother he likes to  tell her storys  and he thought the watermelon  story was funny.  

That is pretty funny.

When my 8 year old was 6 and we were in Hawaii for my sister's wedding.  As we were walking back from the beach, she asked me (quite loudly too), "Mommy, when daddy fed you his sperm...."....I just about choked on air!  People behind us were laughing. 

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Ummm...throwing out misinformation is what big brothers do. It's in the Big Brother handbook.

Quoting M4LG5:

You definitley need to have a talk with her that is age appropriate....as you do with your 10 year old.

My girls (8 and 5) know that the man gives a sperm to a woman and it goes in her egg (then I point where).  Then it grows.  We haven't got to the point of how the sperm gets there because I don't think that is quite age-appropriate...though my 8 year old is getting there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paulswife208
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM
lol
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:35 PM

If you saw my other post...i didn't know it was intentional on his part.  Making up stuff like that is quite funny now that we know he is making it up.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Ummm...throwing out misinformation is what big brothers do. It's in the Big Brother handbook.

Quoting M4LG5:

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Lol!

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM

LOL

proudmomoffour
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:02 PM

At least everything is clear now....LOL

sPiCyNiNjAkItTy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Haha how cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)