Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kids are gonna be soooo mad!!!! *pics* *edited*

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Jen
  • 68 Replies
2 moms liked this

It's been a CONSTANT battle to get my kiddos to clean their rooms and keep them that way. I've tried everything!! So today I'm taking away toys....not all of them but a lot of them. I just finished my girls room.

Before:

After:

I took 4 totes worth of toys

I was at the end of my rope and didn't know what else to do. I hope this works. They will be able to earn their stuff back IF they keep their rooms clean. Well now I'm off to get my sons room done.

ETA. Okay my sons room is done. His wasn't as bad as the girls but that's only because he helped make the mess in their room!!

Before:

After and 3 totes later

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrazedMomof2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I just did the same thing in Ethans room. We got rid of the toys though....... It has helped a bit. LOL

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:38 PM
That looks like my toyr oom.. I need to do that.. Normally, I bag them up and take them to the garage..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:41 PM

NICE!!  I can't believe there are 4 totes of toys that fit in there!! 

One of my daughter's has the same rainbow blanket!

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Been there, done that. It helped! Had to do it a couple times, but he keeps his room clean now!!

ramonafrog
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:44 PM
This.
Had my kid's stuff locked in the playroom for 2 months. It worked. Now all I have to do is threaten to take the toys again

Quoting Barabell:

Been there, done that. It helped! Had to do it a couple times, but he keeps his room clean now!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenandpetersmom
1 mom liked this
Great job!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doopey
2 moms liked this

I'm dealing with the same EXACT problem.  But, if I have to go in there and clean it all up - they are NOT getting anything back.  I've been on DD1 for probably 2 mos now.  I told her this morning she only has this weekend left to clean it herself or else everything is gone!  

calimom1123
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM
4 moms liked this
So im not the only parent whos childs room looks like a train wreck! The pics looked so familiar..lol.. I need to do this!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by Jen on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Yep 4 totes worth of toys taken out and there are still toys in their room! WalMart for the blanket? That's where both blankets came from.

Quoting M4LG5:

NICE!!  I can't believe there are 4 totes of toys that fit in there!! 

One of my daughter's has the same rainbow blanket!

jaytee
by Jen on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Yes!!!! So there is hope for my kids?!!?

Quoting Barabell:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)