Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Talking in class

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:44 PM
  • 10 Replies
So what would u do if your kid was constantly talking in class, what would the punishment be?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweets27
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:49 PM
I usually explain to ds why he shouldn't do something in school. When I do that, it usually stops. If it became a problem there would be consequences at home. Lose Wii or cartoons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Well, my daughter sometimes talks in class.  i talked to the teacher and though she notices it, she said it doesn't bother her because (weirdly) they are talking about school.

But, I did tell the teacher to tell me if it gets to be too much.  At their school, they usually use the stop light method (green = good, yellow = warning, red = not so goood!!).  If my kids are not on green, they are not allowed to watch TV, play their video games, or whatever else they are into at the moment.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:07 PM

It is more important that the teacher does something at the time that the talking occurs, especially with the younger kids as they need immediate consequenses.  At home I would take away a favorite privilege for misbehaving in school to reinforce that I think that school is important.

danarae1976
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I think it's an issue that the teachers are going to have to take care you.  All you can really do is remind her that talking in class has its time and place. 

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I agree with Steel. If this is something the child continues to do maybe the teacher can come up with a simple goal/ reward at the end of the day for being quiet. Then move the goal to the end of the week. The prize can be a sticker or a bringing a special book home for the evening to read.

If the child can write, why not send in a small notebook for them to jot their thoughts down on instead of speaking when it's not the time to do so.

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM

This, and I would try to get to the bottom of the issue of WHY he is talking so much. Once we figure out the cause, it might help us work with him to fix the issue.

Quoting steelcrazy:

It is more important that the teacher does something at the time that the talking occurs, especially with the younger kids as they need immediate consequences.  At home I would take away a favorite privilege for misbehaving in school to reinforce that I think that school is important.

soymujer
by Mikki on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

It is more important that the teacher does something at the time that the talking occurs, especially with the younger kids as they need immediate consequenses.  At home I would take away a favorite privilege for misbehaving in school to reinforce that I think that school is important.

family in the van   Mom of four

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:17 PM

If only ~that~ was our only problem. lol

saeshine
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:13 AM

OMG!! You've read my mind!!! My7 yr old daughter is having a REALLY hard time with this as well and I've been meaning to post this same question!!! HELP!!! LOL

hopealways4019
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:07 AM
Take away a privilege, but school should give some type of punishment too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)