Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The boys valentines boxes...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:26 PM
  • 35 Replies

Let me know what you ladies think??? Should I add somthing more or are they fine???

Dh says they are tooo girly I told him valentines day was a girly holiday anyhow...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Those are cute.  

My boys have never had a valentine's box with hearts and flowers.  They always do something that pertains to what they like.  I've made a treasure chest, a football field, a robot, a monster truck, a race car.

jpalmer
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Yeah I kinda got carried away...lol

I should have done somthing more dude ish...lmao...my poor boys...

Quoting steelcrazy:

Those are cute.  

My boys have never had a valentine's box with hearts and flowers.  They always do something that pertains to what they like.  I've made a treasure chest, a football field, a robot, a monster truck, a race car.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jpalmer
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Now I wanna redo them...is that bad...i just don't want any of the kids to say somthing about them being to girly...sad face...

Quoting steelcrazy:

Those are cute.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:41 PM

If they like them, I would leave them as they are.  I'm just one of those odd people who let their kids decide what they want and have them do most of the work.  I help with the tricky parts that they can't do on their own.

jpalmer
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:50 PM
I usually always let them pick out all decorations them selves but we all ready had all of this stuff at home...and neither one of my boys wanted to make a box at all they just wanted to taje a plastic baggie...so I told them I would make them if they wanted me to so they said if I make it they will take it...my boys are 6 & 8...they love the boxes...but now that I look at them I wonder if maybe they are a bit to girly...but they like them so hey...kwim?

Quoting steelcrazy:

If they like them, I would leave them as they are.  I'm just one of those odd people who let their kids decide what they want and have them do most of the work.  I help with the tricky parts that they can't do on their own.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

My boys want more boyish boxes, so I let them have at it. This year we are making a Star Wars box, a Toilet and a Mater box.

I think those are fine as long as they like them too.

janitablue
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

The boys like them does it really matter how it looks.   Don't be to hard on yourself. There will be many more valentine day to come.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:58 PM
2 moms liked this

As for adding more maybe let them pick out a pack of stickers from the dollar store to put on the boxes.

jaytee
by Jen on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:00 PM
I like them! I think as long as your boys are happy with them that's what matters!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:00 PM

All that matters is that they like them.  I wouldn't redo them if the boys are happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)