Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

10 years old and puberty? They are starting so young!

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM
  • 26 Replies

My ten year old daughter thinks she is going to start her p. soon- I started at twelve- Is this uncommon? anyone know?

by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cowboysgirl3227
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Not really uncommon.  Every girl is different and it really depends a lot on genetics.  I started at 13 and my daughter's doctor thinks she will likely start at about that same age.  He told me that generally girls will start around the time that their moms do but of course there are always exceptions.  Hopefully your daughter will not start too soon...good luck :)

BV88
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:27 PM
I started at age 10. Yikes! It sucked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tayvon-n-z
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a late blummer 14 . But my bonus daughter who is 7 her Mom told me the doc said she could start anytime .... I think its the junk in food now days ! Its scarey !

caitslaton
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Alot of depends on ur activity level....very athletic girls generally dont start till later on...i was very athletic i didnt start till i was 13
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ann7227
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:34 PM

My son started at 10 .

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:48 PM

A very good friend of mine started her period at the age of 9, she is in her mid 40's.  I started at 11 and I am 40.  So it really isn't unheard of or anything new for a girl to start at 10.

I'm not so sure about the very athletic girls starting later as I was a serious dancer in my younger days and would consider myself very active and I started at 11.

caitslaton
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:50 PM
I didnt mean every last one of them...thats just what several ob's have told me

Quoting steelcrazy:

A very good friend of mine started her period at the age of 9, she is in her mid 40's.  I started at 11 and I am 40.  So it really isn't unheard of or anything new for a girl to start at 10.

I'm not so sure about the very athletic girls starting later as I was a serious dancer in my younger days and would consider myself very active and I started at 11.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

I began mine around that age(10 or 11) as well. And I was very athletic when it came to playing sports.

luvcats406
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Well, I was not athletic and I got mine at 13!  I hated sports.  I am 40 now and still hate sports

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Everyone is different but in general they are starting younger. DS is almost 12 and he has hair on his penis and about 3 under his arms and that's it. I'm glad it's taken as long as it has to get this far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)