Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

confused

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:18 AM
  • 10 Replies
So my son is 9 and when he comes home from school and then he knows he has to play outside until dinner time to fey exercise, and after dinner I let him play his xbox so.he plays its maybe 3 hours before bedtime but in between he gets his stuff ready for the next day and takes a shower, ive been told he plays it too long... is it really the long?
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barefootmommi
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:21 AM
If he plays that long everyday maybe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Three hours is a long time
What time does be go to bed? And what time do you eat? I can't imagine he has three hours to Play a night, and go outside, do homework, eat, shower and get to bed at a decent time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluelola
by Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I think 3 hours is too long.  I have a 9-year-old too and he plays computer games and I have to tell him to shut it down.  He is a very active kid, but in the last few months, he has been on the computer playing Mindcraft constantly.  He would probably play it for 3 hours if I let him, but I don't.  He has to do his homework, eat dinner and do other stuff.  We have an xbox 360 as well, but both of my kids are on the computers more than the xbox.  Dh plays the damn xbox...... lol.  And he is a computer guru for his job.   

aetrom
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:31 AM
How long does he actually play?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HIJKLM
by Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Idk, my kids get 2 hrs of tv or video games per week and only after everything else is done but our lives are very busy. If he's playing outside, doing his chores, bathing, eating, homework, etc and still has time to play video games then good for him. I may not let my kids play that much but he's your kid, not mine. Besides video games can be beneficial. It improves hand-eye coordination, memory, builds confidence, promotes patience and persistence. Bottom line it's your decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sana0510
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Quoting matofour:

Three hours is a long time
What time does be go to bed? And what time do you eat? I can't imagine he has three hours to Play a night, and go outside, do homework, eat, shower and get to bed at a decent time.

We eat by 6 and bedtime is 8. So its like almost 2 hours he plays
sana0510
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Quoting aetrom:

How long does he actually play?

Well after dinner so like 630 to 8 but between hes getting things ready for.tomorrow and taking a shower
chinosruca
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 1:15 AM
My daughter plays about 2-3 hours after school with her friends as long as her homework is done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I don't worry about stuff like that. You said he plays outside, gets his stuff ready for the next day and eats dinner. If that is what he wants to do before bed then as long as you say it's ok, then I say let him go for it.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:50 AM

When does he do his homework?  

I see that you have already realized that he doesn't play video games for 3 hours, but closer to an hour which is much more normal.

My boys do homework shortly after getting in from school.  Then play time until dinner, the oldest usually doesn't have this play time as he has more homework.  After dinner the youngest plays, the oldest finishes homework and then plays until shower time.  After shower they each have quiet reading time until lights out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)