Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Need advice about my 10 yo DD

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:54 AM
  • 18 Replies

I don't know where to start so I will just jump right in with the problem. I have a 10 yo DD and she is using the bathroom in her bed. Not just peeing the bed but also pooing. I think she does it while she is awake. We did have problems with her peeing on the floor awhile back and it got better for about a month. Now its 10 times worse. I have asked her why she does this and the only answer I get is idk. I ask her if she is scared to get up at night and go to the bathroom and she says no. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I don't have insurance right now to take her to the doctor. I really want to get her in to talk to someone though.

by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma0ffive
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:01 AM
Does she have any health conditions? Like emotional stuff or mental health issues. Like adhd ot anything like that? if there a possibility of any sexual abuse going on?

She needs to see a doctor or a therapist
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ooCherryo0
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:15 AM

I am not sure. I have asked her if anyone has been touching her in places they shouldn't be or asking her to touch them. She told me no. I have wondered about adhd but I have no health insurance to get her checked out. There is more too is too. Normaly when I give her a chore she does a great job at it and I don't have to ask her twice but latly she has been doing a really bad job at her chores. Also her grades have slipped in school. She gets really upset about it and I just tell her to try harder next time and ask her or my DH for help if she needs it. When I ask her what is wrong she just keeps repeating idk....

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:41 AM

She could have many things going on.  Look for a clinic that will accept patients on a sliding scale fee.  It could be depression or something more serious.  Many children arent able to recognize something is wrong in themselves to that degree.  Does she have bowel movements the same time every day?  The only thing I can think of is look into some kind of young adult diapers and/or get her up in middle of night to use the proper restroom rather than pottying in bed.

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:30 AM

With those sudden changes in personality, I'm wondering if something recently happened that upset or distrubed her and she doesn't know how to handle it. When you ask her about the recent changes, what does she say? Have you asked her if anyone hurt her recently?

proudmum23
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:32 AM
This,def. see if you can get her seen to figure out what's going on. I hope you find some answers.

Quoting Barabell:

With those sudden changes in personality, I'm wondering if something recently happened that upset or distrubed her and she doesn't know how to handle it. When you ask her about the recent changes, what does she say? Have you asked her if anyone hurt her recently?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree that it sounds like something has happened recently to really upset her.  Every state offers insurance coverage to those who don't have it for their children.  It is called C.H.I.P. and there should be info about it on your state's website.

auroragold
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Quoting steelcrazy:

Every state offers insurance coverage to those who don't have it for their children.  It is called C.H.I.P. and there should be info about it on your state's website.

THIS!!  ^^^

vermontmoms
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:50 AM
I agree she needs to see someone!

If you don't have insurance talk to the school. You can request all testing through them. Talk to counselor or school psych and say you are worried that something has happened. She may tell a stranger before she tells you.

Next, start charting her behaviors & accidents on a calendar. Also chart some foods especially food dyes, preservatives and salycitics (grapes, tomatoes, etc).

Does she have headaches or any other symptoms? Do you notice breast buds or any other signs of puberty? Does she wake up before, during or after these accidents? Does she snore and suffer from sleep apnea? If yes, she could actually stopping breathing and the gasps for air or lack of oxygen could be causing the accident.

Like others said look for cheap insurance from your state health dept. Second look to the school for testing and counseling.

Hope this helps!
Jen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ooCherryo0
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I've asked her a couple times over the last couple months... I take her out to do something with just me and I just discreetly bring it up and let her know if anyone is bothering her it's not her fault and she needs to tell me if someone is so we can get help. She just tells me that no one has hurt her or made her feel uncomfortable.

Quoting Barabell:

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Quoting steelcrazy:

I agree that it sounds like something has happened recently to really upset her.  Every state offers insurance coverage to those who don't have it for their children.  It is called C.H.I.P. and there should be info about it on your state's website.

Our state offers coverage for kids too, especially for working parents that cannot afford it. Usually it's run by your state's DHS. It would definitely be worth calling them to see if they offer any kind of coverage for your daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)